🎄Mitsuri × M! Reader [Modern AU] 🎄

🎁Christmas gift🎁

🎁Christmas gift🎁

"Hey y/n," your boss appeared behind you as you packed your things, "I need you to do these paperworks."

"But I'm finished," you mumbled.

"I'll treat you for a coffee," your boss continued, "it's almost christmas so the company is busy now, it's actually great this way, we're making profit."

With that, your boss left and you rolled your eyes in annoyance, "as if I care and who needs a coffee at this time?!" you sighed, "A dinner is not enough, I still need to buy a gift..."

It was the day before christmas and you still hadn't a gift for your girlfriend.

You reached out for your phone and wrote a message to Mitsuri;

"I'm coming home late again."

You stretched your arms before looking at the papers, "This will take a while..."

You rushed into the shopping center and looked for a gift that might suit her and paniced because you only have one hour left before everything closes.
You went into various stores only to come out disappointed because you found nothing.

Ten minutes left...

The air around you turned gloomy as you sadly walked towards the exit. You passed a store only to walk back again and look at the item that caught your attention; a green scarf which suited her eyes.

You walked in and a seller walked up to you saying that they were closing.

"Just one item," you pleaded, "I'll be fast."

Y

ou sighed in relief after you left the shopping center with the green scarf in your bag.

It was already late when you arrived home and to your surprise the TV was on and walking to the the living room you saw Mitsuri asleep on the couch.

You chuckled silently at the view, you quietly turned off the TV, picked her up and carried her to your shared bedroom.

Walking back downstairs, you spotted the food that she made for you in the kitchen. While you warmed them up in the microwave, you hid your present in a drawer that was in the living room.

After eating, you prepared yourself for bed and joined her.

"You're back," she whispered wearily, her eyes still closed as you settled into the bed beside her.

"Did I wake you up?" you asked, "Sorry."

She was too tired to answer but she moved closer and hugged you.

Without another word, you hugged her back and fell asleep.

"Y/n, wake up!" you heard Mitsuri lightly patting your chest.

You groaned wearily, "ten more minutes..."

"You already said that ten minutes ago, I extra let you sleep for two more hours," she sighed, "we still have plans today."

The next thing you know, you felt something ticklish on your cheek and opening your eyes you immediately sat up. "You got a cat?" you asked surprised.

"Merry christmas y/n!" she smiled, "It's for you!"

"I love it!" you exclaimed as you petted the cat who started to purr, "Okay, I make myself ready and then we can go out!"

"Take your time, there's no need to rush."

🎁

After breakfast, you played with the cat in the living room and as Mitsuri joined you, you took the present from behind you back and handed it to her.

"Might not be amazing as yours," you commented as she opened her gift.

"I like it very much," she reassured you, "I like everything given by you!"

She wore the scarf when your date with her started and you two spent most of the time in the busy christmas market.

In the heart of Tokyo, a gentle snowfall blanketed the bustling christmas market. You and Mitsuri strolled hand in hand, your breath forming tiny clouds in the crisp winter air. Stalls adorned with colorful ornaments and traditional Japanese crafts surrounded them.

The aroma of sizzling yakitori and the melody of festive tunes filled the atmosphere. Your eyes sparkled as she admired the delicate origami decorations, while Mitsuri couldn't resist the allure of the warm, sweet aroma of freshly made taiyaki.

You two wandered through the market, marveling at the dazzling displays of illuminated paper lanterns and traditional Japanese decorations. Underneath a canopy of twinkling lights, they encountered a group of children singing christmas carols.

You soon joined the festivities, feeling the warmth of community and holiday spirit. As the night deepened, bot of you found yourselves near a makeshift ice rink surrounded by towering skyscrapers. Holding each other close, you glided gracefully across the ice, laughter echoing around you.

Amid the vibrant festivities, you discovered a quiet corner where a solitary tree stood adorned with wishes written on paper. Hand in hand, you and Mitsuri penned your hopes for the coming year and hung them on a branch, a tangible reminder of your shared dreams.

As the evening drew to a close, your hearts were filled with joy while sipped on steaming cups of amazake thinking of your time together with her. With the Tokyo skyline as the backdrop, both of you savored the magical moments of love and connection in the enchanting christmas market.

"Hungry?" you asked and she nodded in response.

You extended you arm towards her and she wrapped her arms around yours as you continued, "I'm not telling you in which restaurant we're going to go, it's a surprise."

She got excited and exclaimed, "a candle light dinner?!"

"What do you think, love?" you smiled.

Fin

______________
913 words