Kanao × M! Reader

✉️Letters✉️

✉️Letters✉️

There was something interesting in the demon slayer corps; everyone had an anonymous pen pal either for therapy, vent or comfort. Sometimes it's hard to tell your close friends or family members about your true feelings, but sharing with anonymous person who doesn't know you nor you them, makes everything easier.

Also, therapy through pen pals can offer a unique and supportive outlet for self-expression. It allows individuals to share their thoughts and feelings in a written format, fostering a sense of connection and understanding.

You've been writing a lot with your anonymous pen pal like always, instead of therapy, you rather write about your day. You didn't want to bother them about your problems, just sharing some things we're already fun.
Like right now, you were resting in a wysteria inn writing your letter.

You wrote about your recent mission you just completed two days ago. After writing the date and "dear pal," you first started to describe how ugly the demon was and what they did to you, of course you also mentioned that you were fine and resting in a wysteria inn. Then you complained about the weather, it was raining that day making your clothes dirty due to the muds.

Right after you finished writing, your crow came in through the open window delivering a reply from your pen pal. Before opening the letter you gave your crow treats.

You read the letter and smiled. It was always you who sent the letter first, so their reply are similar to yours, about their day and weather. Sometimes, they mention names, which you assumed are friends or family members, noting down what they did together.

In this letter which was the reply from your previous one that you sent a week ago, they say their place got busy with many injured slayers so they needed to help, and therefore they apologised for the late reply.

After reading, you stored the later away with your others, yes you are collecting them so you can read them over again. It's comforting.

You focused on your finished letter again and picked up the brush. At the bottom, you noted down that you received their letter and there was no need to apologise for the late reply. 'Everyone is busy.' was your last phrase before folding the paper. You handed the letter to your crow who was on the way to deliver it.

A repeated thought appeared again. Like everyone else, you also wonder who your pen pal was. It was rare to hear slayers say they met their pen pals. They will continue to write letters and if they met face to face, they're having great times with each other.

Hm... What will you do once you met your pen pal? The chances weren't high to meet them, but it's just a 'what if' thought. Maybe just hand out with them and depending on the time, maybe eat together.

In the afternoon, your crow returned with the reply which was short. They wrote they were glad that it was sunny again and 'get well soon.'

It was normal to get short replies such as this one, you were the only one writing long ones but you didn't mind. Some people just don't talk much or don't know what to say, you get it.

After your recovery, you carried out your next mission barely making it out alive. Your crow led you to the butterfly estate for better treatment. You slept for the whole day and in the following morning you wanted to write a letter since you had nothing to do in bed.

Sadly, the insect hashira and Aoi forbidden you to write in such state, so you had to wait for three weeks until you could write.

In the afternoon, you wrote the letter. In the beginning, you apologised for not writing due to your injuries. Then you recorded about your stay in the butterfly estate and the nice weather. At the end, you wrote down that they need to be careful on their missions.
'Be careful, I hope your missions go flawless.'

You folded the paper and made your way outside to the engawa. Your crow landed on your arm and after getting the letter it needed to deliver, it flew away. But to your surprise your crow weren't flying up, it made a turn flying to your left side.

Wait... Was your pen plan right here?

You quickly followed your crow and you found yourself in a garden full with different flowers. Your gaze followed your crow who delivered the letter to a girl with a butterfly ornament on her right side.

She petted the crow before grabbing the folded letter and before she could read it she felt someone staring at her. Turning around, she found your eyes meeting hers.

She needed a while to realise that you were her anonymous pen pal.

You waved at her, "it's nice to meet you, my anonymous pen pal."

She started to look in her pockets and she turned nervous after not finding her coin. She must have left it in her room.

"Y/n l/n." you started to introduce yourself.

"Kanao Tsuyuri."

You immediately noticed that she wasn't much of a talker, "Enjoy my letter, I'll wait for your reply. Take as much time as you need."

' From your devoted pen pal. '

Fin

_______________
Words: 903