Kanae × M! Reader

n/n = nickname
_________________

n/n = nickname_________________

💕My eyes are on you💕

"Kocho-sama!" your crow announced, "accompany l/n-sama on his mission."

"A mission with y/n?" Kanae asked, she knew you were strong and normally you don't need help, but why? Is the mission dangerous?

"Eh..." your crow answered honestly, "the demon in this mission is targeting men and..."

"You're worried?" Kanae ended the sentence for your crow who nodded in response, "aw, that's cute. Does y/n know?"

The crow replied, "He doesn't know who."

"Well this is a good chance to spend more time with him," she said, "I'll go."

💮

"N/n~" Kanae hugged you in surprise from behind.

"Kanae!" you exclaimed surprised, your mood immediately turning happy after hearing your girlfriend's voice.

While walking, you explained further details about the mission, it says that men, especially handsome ones, dissappeared in the cherry forest and they went there at their own free will.

"This doesn't look like a cherry forest..." Kanae mumbled.

"No?" you questioned, "What do you see?"

"A dead forest and a dark sky. I see no cherry leaves nor any sign of life." she replied.

"..." you looked around because you were in the cherry forest and the sky is blue, "this is bad... I see a clear sky and the cherry forest... I'm in an illusion."

Both of you stopped on your tracks and exchanged gazes, then, you saw someone from the corner of your eyes, a beautiful girl.

You chased after her since she looked suspicious, yet somehow she was more faster than you and you lost her. As you turned around, you realised that you were alone.

A female's chuckle echoed around you and the the cherry blossoms started to gather together transforming into a beauty, a cherry blossom demon.

You were dazed by her beauty and somehow you couldn't move your body. Your eyes widen as she sent many petals, which were sharp as a knife, at you leaving many cuts on your face and body.

Meanwhile, Kanae found you standing like a statue in front of a blood red tree and the beautiful female pink demon.
She also envied her beauty but she regained focus after seeing the blood dripping from your mouth and nose.

The female demon noticed her and chuckled saying that your eyes were on her like every other men she met. The demon confidently talked about her own beauty as she compared herself with the flower hashira. She was indeed more beautiful than her.

Wasting no time, Kanae charged at her. During her fight, you were struggling with the illusion, you closed your eyes knowing that everything before you were fake and focused on your ears.

With the help with Kanae's voice and the wind you felt and heard, you cut the demons head off.

As the demon turned into ashes, the cherry petals grew back returning the beauty of the cherry forest.

"Kanae?" you asked after she started to ignore you

After many other attempts of trying to talk to her, you had an idea why she was acting like this, "are you perhaps jealous?"

You watched every single movement of her body for any signs of confirmation and after getting one, you sighed.

You weren't very good with words nor with any actions/gestures that has something to do with love, but all you. could say was, "My eyes are on you. Only you."

She smiled at you in return knowing your sincerity and loyalty.
"Let's stay here for a bit, it's beautiful here."

Fin

______________
596 words