29 ¶¶ A BIT OF A FUCK UP {II}

~*~
JAYDEN

"

The strong smell of disinfectant filled my nose and the bright light infiltrated my eyes.

After a few seconds my eyes adjusted to the light and I involuntarily groaned.

"Oh, I didn't know you were up."

I turned to the direction of the voice. A young nurse who was inspecting the drip fixed on me. "I'll get Dr. Lance." She picked up her files and left the room.

I shut my eyes and sighed heavily. My life just seems to get worse day by day.

Abstaining from alcohol wasn't a problem for me, even before I had heart complications. So what the hell was yesterday about?

Ashley was even there to witness everything

Fuck.

I'm never redeeming myself now.

Just then, the door opened and I heard footsteps come in the direction of the bed.

And the ranting begins in

Three.....

Two.....

One.....

"I'd like an explanation for this Jayden."

Bingo.

"What's there to explain?" I said with my eyes still shut.

He sighed. "We had a simple issue Jayden. Your refusal to take your meds and inadequate rest. Those two problems would've been very easy to solve. But now, you've decided to add alcohol to that list."

I remained silent, not really in the mood to argue with him.

"Do you want to die Jayden?"

Tsk.

Dr Lance and being blunt, two peas in a fucking pod.

"Because if the answer is yes, then you can keep being irresponsible."

I opened my eyes and turned to face him. "I assure you Dr Lance, I have no intention of dying just now."

"I don't think anyone wants that, but your actions are saying the exact opposite."

I continued to ignore him.

"Jayden, I don't know what's eating you up, work, personal issues, relationships? I don't know what it it is but it do care for your well being, so fix it." He adjusted his coat. "And do it fast."

After that, all I heard where footsteps fading away before the door clicked open and then shut.

I tried sitting up which caused my chest to sting.

"Damnit." I groaned as I sat up straighter.

Ring! Ring!

I glanced at the side table to see a familiar device vibrating. Luckily it wasn't to far from the table, so I was able to pick it up easier and I was faced with a six lettered word that was going to taunt me any moment from now.

Father.

I could easily ignore this but I decided to go for the latter.

"Hel...."

"Please tell me that Jin fabricated this whole ordeal?" A familiar deep and stern voice said.

"Nice to hear from you too Dad."

"Answer me this instant." He said with a hint of threat.

"I don't know what Jin told you, but if it has anything to do with me being hospitalized, then it wasn't fabricated."