• CHAPTER FOUR •

chapter four - dancing

arebella had always seen the good in people, except from herself. she even saw the good in evil people, if u asked her about president snow, she would probably have a good thing to say about him as well. she hated this trait as it got her into bad situations where she would just get hurt but she couldn't help it, no matter how hard she tried, arebella would always see the good in someone.

•••

"in two weeks 23 of you will be dead.one of u will be alive, who that is depends on how well u pay attention over the next four days particularly to what i'm about to say... first no fighting with the other tributes, you'll have plenty of time for that in the arena. there are four compulsory exercises, the rest will be individual training. my advice is, don't ignore the survival skills, everybody wants to grab a sword but most of u will die from natural causes, ten percent from infection, twenty percent from dehydration. exposure can kill as easily as a knife" ayala tells us. apparently she's our trainer. i look round the circle, examining everyone, seeing who is competition, apparently cato had had the same idea. we both stared at each other i gave him a wink before breaking the eye contact.

me and peeta go to the first compulsory exercises. i go first, i grab onto the first bar and then swing my hand to the next. i complete it making me smile. thank god i was a kid who use to climb everything, thank u younger self.

i walk over to katniss who was waiting in line for the combat exercise. we stand in silence just watching the two boys infront of us fight until someone shouting catches our attention.

"where's my knife,huh" cato shouts, while coming up to a boy. i roll my eyes,  of course its him.

"i didn't touch your knife" the boy says while backing up obviously scared of the boy.

"i put my knife right there and u took it" cato shouted. the boy had now stood up and they were both pushing each other.

"i didn't touch ur knife"

"you took my knife" cato shouted while getting held back by peacekeepers

"i didn't touch ur knife" the poor boy shouts. they go back and forth for a while honestly it got a bit boring.

"lair, u little punk"

"get off me"

"i'll finish u right now, actually better yet, i'll wait for the arena, your the first one i get, so watch ur back, huh" cato shouts before walking away.