• CHAPTER THIRTEEN •

chapter thirteen - tears

arebella nightlock had never been good at handling people close to hers death. when her grandmother died, she didn't speak to anyone for months, she was angry and took all her anger out on the animals she hunted. she was heartbroken, a piece of her heart left that day and it took a while to grow back. arebella couldn't imagine the pain of losing a best friend ... until today when she experienced it.

•••

glimmer had her arm around my shoulder dragging me through the forest. for some reason Cato killing that boy scared me to death. he could do that to me. i doubt he would but if he got angry, who knows what he would do.

"you okay" marvel asks me.

"yeah, yeah, i think i'm just being over dramatic, these last few days have been a lot" i mumble, they both nod.

"yeah, we get it" glimmer tells me with a smile, i smile back at her.

"now, u ready" marvel asks with a smirk. glimmer pulls away from me, pulling out her knife, since her bow and arrow was stolen by katniss, clove was forced to give her one of her knifes. i got out one of my spears, we all stood in a line.

i saw katniss leaning over rues body. marvel steps on a twig making katniss quickly shoot her bow at him, glimmer quickly threw her sword at rue, hitting her straight in the chest.

katniss aimed her bow at us again, shooting another arrow.

"duck" glimmer shouts before jumping in front of me. i stand there in shock. i look at my two friends who i had grown close with in the past few days. i immediately crouch down over their bodies, tears running down my face.

"no, no, no. this cannot be happening, no" i shout.

"i love you glimmer" marvel whisper quickly grabbing onto glimmer hand, a smile on his face as he looks at her.

"i love you two, marvel" glimmer whisper back smiling back at the boy. i quickly put my finger to the necks checking for a pulse.

"no, no, no please, please, you can't do this, nooo" i scream out, tears still sliding down my face. they can't die, i need them. marvel had quickly became my best friend, he was kind, funny and sweet. glimmer, even though we hated each other at first, was beautiful, caring and brave. i need them, they can't die.