→ CHAPTER 2

.FIRST DAY AS AN INTERN.
— season four - episode one —

     "THERE'S NO WAY you're here first." Lexie groaned, walking into the almost-empty intern locker room. "Why are you here so early?"

"Why are you here so early?" Jesse scoffed, putting his leather jacket inside his locker. Lexie walked over to the one directly behind him. "Seriously?"

"What?"

"There are plenty of other lockers here. Do you have to choose the one directly behind me?"

"I like this one — it has a sticker on it."

"It has a sticker on it—!"

"Yeah, real mature."

"Thanks, Sticker-Girl. Hey, quick question, do you want to keep staring at me while I take my shirt off or—?"

Lexie gagged, turning around once Jesse reached for his shirt. "Gross." 

"No one's here, Alexandra." He smirked, knowing he was starting to get on her nerves. "You don't have to hide your love for me."

Deciding she'd had enough, Lexie placed her lock on her locker and sighed. "I'm going to the cafeteria."

"You won't be missed."

     "...MOSTOW, GREY, SLOAN." 

"You've got to be kidding me." Jesse sighed as he and Lexie shared a similar look of disgust. Through some trick of fate — or curse, as Jesse thought — they were assigned the same resident. 

"Hey, guys." George smiled, offering the two a thumbs-up. "You'll do great."

While Lexie returned the smile, Jesse spoke. "I know I will, not so sure about Alexandra."

"Shut up."

"You'd love to make me, no?" Jesse quirked a brow at her before patting George on the arm. "Nice to see you again."

"Thanks..?" George furrowed his brows. "I forgot to ask last time, how do you know each other?"

"Harvard." They answered in unison — that alone made them scowl at each other.

"...okay." George nodded. "Well, you wouldn't want to keep Yang waiting."

"Right." The two nodded back before Lexie shoved Jesse to the side and ran to catch up with the other interns.

"Who's mature now?" Jesse muttered with a scoff before running after her.