→ CHAPTER 3

.THE AFTERMATH OF THE BAR FIGHT.
— season four - episode three —

     "ALL RIGHT," Jesse sighed, putting his book away as Mark rushed back to their table with two glasses of whiskey. "You're drinking all of these, right? 'Cause I drove here."

     Mark furrowed his brows at his brother as he took his seat in the booth, in front of Jesse. "Do you not understand the concept of going out for drinks?"

     "I do," He nodded, then gestured to the water in front of him. "See?"

     "You can't cheers with water," Mark groaned before pointing at the barkeep. "Go ask Joe for soda, or something."

     "Seriously?"

     "Yes, I want to drink with my brother!"

     "I can just drink with—"

     "Jesse," He gestured toward the bar. "Go!"

     "Fine," Jesse grumbled, getting up from his chair before walking toward the bar.

     "What'll it be?" Joe, the barkeep, asked him as he polished a glass in his hand with a cloth.

     Jesse turned to glare at his brother as he answered. "I'll have a sprite, thanks — hey," He turned to look at the barkeep with a grin. "Can you put it on his tab?"

     The barkeep took a moment to look between the two brothers before nodding. "Does he owe you or something?"

     "For years of torture, yes," He sarcastically commented with a sigh. When Joe looked at him, confused, he answered. "He's my brother."

     "No kidding," Joe raised his eyebrows. "Mark has a brother? Wait, wait, wait," He chuckled, pointing a finger at him. "You're Jess, right? Je... Jesse!"

     "Yeah," He nodded again. "I hope he hasn't said too many bad things about me."

     "No, all good things, promise," Joe assured with a chuckle as he passed the glass of soda to Jesse before leaning closer to him. "Hey, I gotta know, did anything ever happen with the Alexandra girl?"

     Jesse made a slight face of disgust at his wording. "You mean the woman who is the bane of my existence? She works with me now."

     "You're kidding!"

     "Wish I was," Jesse grumbled before furrowing his brows. "Didn't think he'd speak about her, though..."

     "He'd pick up the phone here sometimes when you'd call to complain. It wasn't hard listening in seeing as you'd kind of yell when you talked about her..."