We Start Our Journey To A Devil Maze

Unedited

Basorexia (n

Basorexia (n.)
The overwhelming desire to kiss

Just after dawn, the quest group met at Zeus's Fist. Conner had asked what had happened last night, I guess he heard me crying after my dream. I'd packed some more things in my bag that I didn't have at home. I had the necklace from my mother and my dagger strapped around my waist. 

It was a clear morning. The fog had burned off and the sky was blue. Campers would be having their lessons today, flying pegasi and practicing archery and scaling the lava wall. Meanwhile, we would be heading underground.

Juniper, Grover's new girlfriend apparently, and Grover stood apart from the group. Juniper looked like she had been crying, but she was trying to keep it together for Grover's sake. She kept fussing with his clothes, straightening his rasta cap and brushing goat fur off his shirt.

Since we had no idea what we would encounter, he was dressed as a human, with the cap to hide his horns, and jeans, fake feet, and sneakers to hide his goat legs.

Chiron, Quintus, and Mrs. O'Leary stood with the other campers who'd come to wish us well, but there was too much activity for it to feel like a happy send-off. 

A couple of tents had been set up by the rocks for guard duty. Beckendorf and his siblings were working on a line of defensive spikes and trenches.
Chiron had decided we needed to guard the Labyrinth exit at all times, just in case.
Annabeth was doing one last check on her supply pack and I just kept thinking about were Nico could be in the maze. When Tyson and Percy came over, she frowned.

"Percy, you look terrible."

She did severle once overs of him, I could never say a thing, but her face flushed a little bit.

"He killed the water fountain last night," Tyson confided.

"What?" she asked. I raised an eyebrow at Percy who avoided his eyes.

Chiron trotted over, his face seemed grim. "Well, it appears you are ready!"

He tried to sound upbeat, but I could tell he was anxious. I didn't want to freak him out any more, so I stayed quiet about my dream. But Percy seemed to need something cause he spoke, "Hey, uh, Chiron, can I ask you a favor while I'm gone?"

"Of course, my boy."

"Be right back, guys." Percy nodded toward the woods. Chiron raised an eyebrow, but he followed me out of earshot.

 "What do you think Percy wants to talk about?" I asked resting on the floor while we waited.

"I don't know Aster, maybe Percy had a dream."

I stiffened a little, what if he had the same dream as me? I know he doesn't know how to feel about Nico being a son of Hades and all, but he still feels guilty about Bianca's death. 

"Brother was loud last night. He started yelling." Tyson added in the conversation

This only raised my curiosity, what was he wanting to talk to Chiron about?

                                                                                ***

They returned soon later, Chiron seemed even more nervous.

"Take care," Chiron told us. "And good hunting."

"You too," Percy said.

We walked over to the rocks, where Tyson and Grover were waiting. I stared at the crack between the boulders—the entrance that was about to swallow us, my stomach twisted a bit. I didn't like being underground away from the sun, my mother was strongest in the dark, and so was I.

Stop, Nico's down there, my stupid fear wont get in the way of getting him back

"Well," Grover said nervously, "good-bye sunshine."

Shut up Grover.

"Hello rocks," Tyson agreed. 

You too Tyson.

And together, the four of us descended into darkness.

Basorexia (n.)
The overwhelming desire to kiss

)The overwhelming desire to kiss