Pretty Boy?

Unedited

Basorexia (n

Basorexia (n.)
The overwhelming desire to kiss

"This isn't right," Annabeth frowned as she looked at the walls. "It should still be stone."

We came to a cave where stalactites hung low from the ceiling. In the center of the dirt floor was a rectangular pit, like a grave. I look down at it and the shadows look back at me. I shiver and look away. I hate the shadows, I hear the whisper of their voices and frown. So many spirits here, so many cast to their worst fear as punishment.

Grover shivered. "It smells like the Underworld in here."

I kept my head turned away as Percy shone his light into the pit.

"Nico," Percy murmured. "He was summoning the dead again."

Tyson whimpered. "Ghosts were here. I don't like ghosts."

I nod, "Many, some are still in the shadows, trapped."

Everyone shifts uncomfortably. Tyson whimpers and looks around to the shadows before he shuffles closer to Percy. Grover's hooves shuffle uncomfortably as Annabeth looks at me strangely.

"We've got to find him." 

I nodded my head at Percy's words, i could almost feel his presence. He's close. I hear the shadows whisper again, right. I frown and turn to my right, a long passage is down their and i can almost feel the pull. I run down the passage, it feels as if a invisible string is pulling me.

"Aster!" Annabeth called.

I ducked into a tunnel and saw light up ahead. By the time Annabeth, Tyson, Grover, and Percy caught up with me, I was staring at daylight streaming through a set of bars above my head. We were under a steel grate made out of metal pipes. I could see trees and blue sky.

"Where are we?" I wondered.

Then a shadow fell across the grate and a cow stared down at me. It looked like a normal cow except with was a weird color—bright red, like a cherry. I didn't know cows came in that color.
The cow mooed, put one hoof tentatively on the bars, then backed away. I love cows.

"It's a cattle guard," Grover had a look of annoyance.

"A what?"Percy asked as he came to stand next to me. I wonder if i can pet one of the cows

"They put them at the gates of ranches so cows can't get out. They can't walk on them."

"How do you know that?"

Grover huffed indignantly. "Believe me, if you had hooves, you'd know about cattle guards. They're annoying!"

I snicker before i look around, the grass looks overgrown and the cows look so upset and sad, I frown. Something doesn't feel right.