Hera sucks a tea partys

Unedited

Basorexia (n

Basorexia (n.)
The overwhelming desire to kiss

I'd never seen Hera before. I didn't think she would loo so normal. Of course, gods are usually twenty feet tall when they're on Olympus, from what Percy has said, so that makes them look a lot less normal. But Hera looked like a regular mom.

She served us sandwiches and poured lemonade.

"Grover, dear," she said, "use your napkin. Don't eat it."

"Yes, ma'am," Grover said.

"Tyson, you're wasting away. Would you like another peanut butter sandwich?"

Tyson stifled a belch. "Yes, nice lady."

"Queen Hera," Annabeth said. "I can't believe it. What are you doing in the Labyrinth?"

Hera smiled. She flicked one finger and Annabeth's hair combed itself. All the dirt and grime
disappeared from her face.

I mean, its rude, I know Annabeth wasnt looking her best with all that stuff in her hair but, you had to be that obvious?

"I came to see you, naturally," the goddess said.

I didn't like that, last time a god visited me wasn't because they wanted to make small talk. Grover and Percy exchanged nervous looks. They seemed to be thinking the same thing. Gods only talk to Demi-gods about one thing and one thing only. They want something.

Still, that didn't keep me from chowing down on turkey-and-Swiss sandwiches and chips and lemonade. I hadn't realized how hungry I was. Percy was also chowing down on the free food. Tyson was inhaling one peanut butter sandwich after another, and Grover was loving the lemonade, crunching the Styrofoam cup like an ice-cream cone.

"I didn't think—" Annabeth faltered. "Well, I didn't think you liked heroes."

Hera smiled indulgently. "Because of that little spat I had with Hercules? Honestly, I got so much bad press because of one disagreement."

"Didn't you try to kill him, like, a lot of times?" Annabeth asked.

Hera waved her hand dismissively. "Water under the bridge, my dear. Besides, he was one of my loving husband's children by another woman. My patience wore thin, I'll admit it. But Zeus and I have had some excellent marriage counseling sessions since then. We've aired our feelings and come to an understanding—especially after that last little incident."

"You mean when he sired Thalia ?" Percy guessed, I was glad not to be him. As soon as he said the name of our friend, the half-blood daughter of Zeus,Hera's eyes turned toward him frostily.

"Percy Jackson, isn't it? One of Poseidon's...children." I got the feeling she was thinking of another word besides children . "As I recall, I voted to let you live at the winter solstice. I hope I voted correctly."