3

Kenzie pov

"I am so sick of this" Sarah says and John b strokes her back "do you think there's any way we can trust the cops" she asks and I instantly shake my head. "The cops, your joking right?" Jj says. "You seriously think your daddy hasn't called them already?" He adds.

"I have a crazy idea, why don't we call my parents?" Pope suggest from beside me. "And say what Pope?" John b asks. "And say were alive, I haven't seen my family in i dont know how long, they're probably worried sick about me" he says and I pat his shoulder.  "We can call them and ask them to maybe wire us some money or something?" He says. "Pope that would put them in danger" I say with sympathy for the boy.

I haven't seen my parents in ages either but I wouldn't want to, they left me there on that island to die. I never want to look at their faces ever again.

"I got a better" jj says breaking me out of my thoughts "and faster" he adds, holding up Jimmy's wallet. "Who's is that?" Sarah asks. "You seriously think im gonna go through someone's backpack and not pinch their wallet" he says and I stand up with a smile giving him a high five.

"Jimmy portis 101 cattle wash" I read from his ID. "I bet that's where they got kiara" I say. "Alright, so that's where we're going" jj says. "Ok that's conceivable but can we atleast think this through". "You got a better idea Pope, cmon 101 cattle wash that's where we're going."

When we arrive at the house, we go round the back. "Hey window" John b suggests and jj nods at him. "Woah yo get off, dude get off" we all turn around to see jj wrestling with the crabs. He gets bitten and yelps in pain as the crab clings onto his arm. Everyone tells him to shush whilst I laugh quietly. When we get into the house we all shout for kiara but there's no answer.

Since there's no one there, we all look for clues as to where she is. Cleo suddenly whistles, "Guys guys guys" she says and I run to the window. "It's portis" I say. "Shit should we run" Sarah says.

We wait till Jimmy walks through the door and after everyone's else's attempts to knock him over, I punch him in the face and then put my arm around his neck. "Damn kenzie, didn't know you could fight" jj says and I laugh. "Just help me put him on the table" I say and he helps me hold Jimmy down whilst cleo puts her knife to his neck.

"Where is she jimmy" jj asks. "Answer the man" cleo says. "You really don't wanna know" portis replies and I dig my elbow deeper into his shoulder. "Talk" Sarah says "who took her was it ward" she says. Jimmy starst laughing "ward? Who's ward?" He responds. "You guys really don't understand who your messing with" he adds.

"We'll call the cops" Sarah taunts. "Sure call the cops, see how far that gets you, this guy owns the cops, he's got eyes all over the island looking for you, all of you, he's a bigman the kingfish" he finishes. "The kingfish?" Jj questions. "Hey what's vauxhall?" Pope asks coming to the table with an envelope. "You really don't wanna go there man, that's the lions den" he says.

"That's it, that's where kie is cmon" John b says walking away. "You really don't wanna go there" the guy repeats. "Do we look afraid" I say digging my arm into his neck. "You should be" he says. "Lets go come on its not worth it" John b interrupts.

"Big mistake, your just gonna make it worse for her" portis shouts as we run out of his house after taking some clothes. I take Jimmy's yellow shirt and throw it on over my dirty top.

About an hour later we are walking up this massive country road

About an hour later we are walking up this massive country road. "Pope are you sure you got the right adress?" Jj asks. "I know your not talking to me about having the right adress" Pope says. "That's exactly what I'm talking about" jj responds. "Look the place says vauxhall, vauxhall it's on the map" I point out. "Yeah but we don't know if that's actually where we are" jj argues.

"Well it's in the general vicinity so?" Pope says. "Why don't we just ask someone" I suggest turning to a man on a tractor. "Hey, pardon I, do you know where we can find vauxhall?" I ask him. "Your kidding me right?" He replies and I look at the others confused. "Everything you can see, all around you is vauxhall"

"Wait, what do you mean? Like..." jj begins but the man interrupts. "All this, all this all this" "oh everywhere"  jj finishes. "Okay so who lives up there?" Pope asks. "Carlos Singh, just on the other side of that wall, but take it from me, he's no one you want to get to know" he says and we all share looks. "Ok thank you" cleo and Sarah say and we start walking towards the wall.