what is it that you're looking for?

What is it that you're looking for?

something less, or something more?

Are you looking for an escape or an entrance,

are you searching for anomalies or a resemblance?

What is it that you're looking for?

an ending or an encore?

Are you listening or drowning the world out?

questioning peace of mind or a reason to doubt?

What is it that you're looking for?

is the answer free or kept behind closed doors?

Is the answer something you want to hear?

or is it something to justify your fears?

Whatever it is you may be searching for,

you will not find it crying on your floor.

So pick yourself up and start looking,

because maybe it's the question you're overlooking.

Authors note:

Hello again, it's been a minuete since I've done one of these goodbye messages. I just need to say some things before I go, listen if you want but be forewarned that this is definitely a rant. I hope this is actually what you guys want. I know writing is supposed to be about what the author is trying to communicate with the reader but even I'm not sure what that is. I think that's what I should focus on instead of writing lazy or bad poems just to stay on schedule. I'd like to take a break from writing for a bit but if I take away the writing, what do I have left? I'd just sit in bed all day, rotting away while doom scrolling on pure brain rot. I don't even know what I'm saying now! Truth be told life for me has changed a lot in the past few weeks, and at first I didn't think it was effecting me. Until the effects caught up and the result is the flaming dumpster fire above. The meaning of the poem I don't even understand, like I'm reading this and I have to pause and be like "What am I doing?", I just get so caught up in my head and forgethe reason I started writing in the first place, to communicate. I was looking for a way to communicate my fears in a way nobody had stopped to listen to before. But the fears I had when I started and the fears I have now are two completely separate things, and I only know how to deal with the first one. As of lately I think that's having a really negative impact on myself and my writing. Sorry for the rant, and thank you to anyone who actually took the time out of their day and wasted it on reading this. As always happy Wattpad reading, and if it's after 12 AM, GO TO SLEEP!!!