Chapter 2

A few weeks went by as aespa diligently prepared for their first ever solo concert tour. Pressure was mounting with less than a month left, the grueling rehearsals often stretching late into the night.

Lying in her bunk exhausted after a 15-hour practice day, Winter could feel sleep eluding her. The other members were already snoring softly around her. Turning over restlessly, Winter grabbed her phone from beside her pillow, fingers automatically pulling up her secret private Instagram account that only a few close friends knew about.

Scrolling absently at first, she suddenly froze - a familiar face flashing across her screen. It was Y/N's Instagram profile picture, wearing a loose tank top that showcased his perfect muscular arms as he grinned brightly towards the camera.

Without thinking, Winter found herself clicking on his profile and hungrily devouring his pictures and videos, a whole window into this mysterious fan's life outside their brief encounters. Dance practice clips showed off his smooth sensuous moves and ripped physique. Candid lifestyle shots highlighted that breathtaking smile which made Winter's heart stutter every time.

A video of Y/N effortlessly lifting weights at the gym left Winter gaping at his bulging biceps. The way his tank clung to the cut lines of muscle on his torso and back had her blushing to the roots of her hair, phone nearly slipping from her suddenly weak grasp.

Other photos revealed what a friendly sociable person Y/N was, always hanging out with his fellow trainees or encircled by adoring girls at dance workshops. A pang of jealousy flashed through Winter at the images of Y/N with his arm casually thrown over various pretty, scantily clad women.

One particularly stunning girl was pictured leaning into Y/N's side, wispy blond hair drifting across her smiling face as she gazed flirtatiously up at him in her curve-hugging dress. Winter instantly felt an unpleasant roiling in her stomach, thumb twitching to hit the unfollow button.

But she caught herself with a shake of her head. What right did she have to feel possessive or make assumptions about Y/N from mere Instagram photos? He was just a fan and barely knew she even existed outside their brief electric fan meet interactions...

With a defeated sigh Winter switched off her phone, rolling over and forcing her now wide awake mind to stop wandering into dangerous fantasy territory. Y/N featured constantly enough in her dreams already...sometimes winking playfully at her as he swept her into his strong arms, or whispering "Saranghae..." against her trembling lips.

Winter groaned out loud, shoving her hot face under the covers. Clearly a good night's sleep would continue to evade her thanks to her traitorous attraction growing more out of control by the day...

Meanwhile Y/N was attempting and failing to give his full focus at dance rehearsals as usual, choreography directives going in one ear and out the other while his phone burned tantalizing images into his brain. During their 5-minute break, he snuck peeks at Winter's newly discovered Instagram account, marveling at this rare unguarded view into her everyday life beyond the glamor and spotlights.

Seeing Winter dressed casually in oversize hoodies with minimal makeup melting his heart even more than her flawless idol persona. Her natural beauty and charm shone through everything she did, from cooking a disastrous mess in the dorm kitchen to cuddling the members when they fell asleep on her tiny shoulder during movie nights.

When a gorgeous shot of Winter in an off-shoulder black evening gown holding a glass of champagne came up on his screen, Y/N sucked in a breath, almost dropping his phone. Good lord... Winter in formal wear was his absolute weakness and she just continued to test the limits of his sanity the more he scrolled.