chapter eleven: where they wish

The guest house has a quaint charm to it. The walls are decorated with framed floral paintings, and sunlight filters gently through lace curtains which cast dappled shadows on the hardwood floors. Wooyoung sits in a cozy armchair by the window, next to a short bookshelf packed with worn-out novels and mystical texts.

The room itself is peaceful. His bed is a plush assortment of colorful quilts and white sheets. He set up a small altar in one corner of the room, decorated with an assortment of precious crystals and herbs that he had gathered from his apartment after the last class of the day.

It may not be his apartment, but the familiar energy of the few belongings he brought back with him was comforting.

He wishes it wasn't right next to San's house.

Yunho leans over Jongho's curse-breaking book, quietly flipping through the pages in search of a page he had bookmarked. They tried everything. Wooyoung cleansed his energy, broke mirrors, cracked eggs, and he practically bathed himself in black salt and obsidian. No solution seemed to take effect. It's not like he can cast a banishing spell, either – the creature is a part of him, and such a thing would tear his soul in half.

Yeosang and Yunho sit at a table on his side of the room. Yeosang carefully wraps linen bandages around Wooyoung's wounds, his touch gentle yet efficient. The aroma of minty herbs and healing oils fill the air as Yeosang tends to the various cuts and bruises Wooyoung earned from their chase the day before.

Unable to use his wand, he has to settle for more... traditional healing methods.

"You're coming with us?" Wooyoung complains, finally acknowledging San's presence. "I see you've set aside special time to humiliate yourself in public today."

"Sannie has every right to come with us, Wooyoung. Everyone is going on this trip." Yeosang uses his sharp canines to tear off the final bandage, sitting back to admire his work.

"Sannie?" Wooyoung perks up a bit with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

San groans, heat quickly rising to his face when Wooyoung repeats his nickname. "Shut up. You can't call me that."

Yunho holds up the book, completely ignoring their conversation. "Found it! I knew I should've made that bookmark a little bigger. Honestly, Woo, this might be our best option."

"Woo, huh?" San can't help but grin, and now it's Wooyoung's turn to blush.

Yunho holds up a wrinkled brochure that had been tucked between the pages, bookmarking a section about the fae. It was a simple piece of paper that held the promise of adventure, depicting a captivating scene of lush mountains whose peaks disappear into perfect clouds.

The brochure, with its alluring imagery, advertised a day trip into the mountains. More specifically, it promised a journey to the heart of the fae's territory where they graciously welcome visitors to their sacred wishing well.

As Yunho taps on the paper, the brochure comes alive, with small wisps floating about and ethereal lights guiding them to the bus stop at the edge of the city.

And that's how Wooyoung finds himself on a crowded bus, sandwiched between the cool, frosted window and San's unusually warm body. The closeness makes his skin prickle every time their arms brush against each other.

San grabs a snack from Seonghwa's bag and turns to Wooyoung to offer him a dog biscuit. "Do you want one?"

Wooyoung looks at him with contempt. "No, San. I don't want one."