Chapter 31

_ . _ 

Chapter 31

With Eros' safe secured, the awakening celebration continued. Samael and Erichthonius are now together. He watched the young king converse with the young gods, whose eyes seemed to be admiring him, perhaps as the ruler of Olympus or maybe because he was Athena's son.

On the other hand, Samael was standing beside his husband, his lips displaying a smile as he listened to their joyous conversation. He was preoccupied with the conversation when he noticed a fixated glare not too far from him. Samael turned his gaze in a certain direction and saw a pair of bright red eyes staring in his direction. That man was still surrounded by gods, his lips slightly moving, as if he were still talking to them, but his eyes were looking at Samael.

Tch. It's Hermes. Samael clicked his tongue, his hands wrapped around Erichthonius' right arm, while his eyes remained looking back at Hermes, his eyes glaring in his direction. I'm certain he's playing with me. He's always been unpredictable among the gods of Olympus. It might seem like he's going to be my ally today, but the next day, he might become my enemy. That's how unpredictable he is. He only acts depending on his entertainment.

"What's the matter?" he heard Erichthonius ask. Samael glared at Hermes one last time before he turned to his husband. "It's nothing. I just saw something that made my blood boil."

"Where is it?" Erichthonius said, his eyes knitted into a frown.

"Right there," Samael replied, his lips curving into a small smile.

Erichthonius followed where Samael's eyes were directed. As he locked his gaze in a certain direction, he saw a figure of a man standing at the center of the crowd. His hair was as white as snow, and his almond eyes were painted a bright red color. "...Hermes?"

"That man tried to hit on me," Samael said bluntly.

"...What?" Samael snickered as he lifted his gaze, looking at Erichthonius' angered expression. His laughing expression immediately dissipated when the young king walked in Hermes' direction.

Samael grabbed the fabric of his clothes and spoke, "You're being too jealous, Erich. Calm down."

With his brows furrowed, the young king turned his gaze on him. Samael sighed and tapped his shoulder as he spoke. "What are you getting angry for? Do you think I'll cheat on you?"

"No," the young king answered.

"Then what?" Samael asked, his brows arched as he stared at him.

Erichthoniu pursed his lips. He averted Samael's gaze as he replied with a low voice. "He dared to covet what's mine."

Pfft! Samael laughed and held Erichthonius' hand. He pulled him closer to him and started walking towards an empty balcony inside the hall. "Come with me."

The young king followed him without saying a word. He felt his chest pound in excitement, staring at Samael in a daze. As soon as they entered the banquet, Erichthonius was astounded when Samael softly pushed him to the wall, locking Erichthonius in his arms.

"....."

Samael was staring at him with a mischievous smile on his face. His hand lifted slowly, caressing the young king's chest as he whispered to him in his soft, feeble voice. "You're saying I'm yours, Erich?"

The young king stared at him for a while before he answered. "You're mine."

Samael tilted his head, his brows arched, as he glanced at Hermes talking in the hall. "Then you're no different from him. You're also trying to own me like an object."