REUNITE

*edit*

A hush fell over the crowded cafeteria as Sarah approached the microphone. Her hands trembled slightly, but her eyes held steely. She understood the gravity of her actions and the pain she had caused, thanks to a harsh but necessary wake-up call from Scarlet.

Taking a deep breath, Sarah addressed the crowd. "I know I've hurt someone and who cares about me deeply, and who I care about" she began, her voice trembling slightly. "I made a terrible mistake by spreading a rumor about Kelly, and I want to take full responsibility for my actions."

She looked directly at Kelly "Kelly, I am so sorry for what I did. I was wrong, and I have no excuse for my behavior. You are one of the kindest, most genuine people I know, and I betrayed your trust in the worst way possible." A tear rolled down Sarah's cheek, shame and regret filled her eyes. "You saved my sister yesterday, Kelly. You risk your own safety towards the speedy train. That is worth way more than my exposed lies, and so all I want is telling the truth."

A wave of relief washed over Sarah. She had expected anger, rejection, but Kelly's forgiveness was a gift she didn't deserve.

Turning to Scarlet, Sarah addressed the other rumor she had helped spread. "Scarlet," she began, her voice firm. "I also owe you an apology. I allowed Max to manipulate me into spreading false information about you. I believed his lies without question, and for that, I am truly sorry."

Scarlet made a simple nod. She's used to dealing with all kinds of bullshit in her life, now she simply doesn't care how much of a dick Sarah or the girls were. But for sure, she wouldn't let a single cell touch a strand of Kelly's hair. Besides, Sarah had been deceived, so it's no use wishing ill towards her. The focus then shifted to Max, who stood on the sidelines watching the scene unfold. The popular girls, who had initially supported Sarah's actions, exchanged uneasy glances. They finally saw through Max's facade and realized the harm they had caused.

"And we're sorry too, Kelly, and Scarlet. Sorry for bullying you and being a stupid snob." Jessica sob with Nikki and Lola as well

After a moment of exchange with remorse and forgiveness, Sarah walked off the stand, intending to leave as soon as possible. She was too ashamed to even look at everyone's face again, especially. Then, in a flash blow of a wind, a hand pulled her back, she turned and saw Kelly in tears and tender smile, while she was yet able to say anything, Kelly pulled her in a tight hug, now she sobbed even more. They both sobbed.

"You don't know how much I miss you, Sarah, I miss my best friend and I could never imagine us being shattered to be enemies. Do you remember when we forget about everything we said because we talked too much? It's helly great to do that over again (she giggled)."

"Great times right? Then I ruined it for both of us. I made us shattered, destroyed our friendship and I made everyone hate you. I hate myself more than anything."

Then she pulled herself out of her hug. She covered her face, this time in audible tears and slapped herself ceaselessly, then collapsed to the floor. Kelly saw enough, she raised her up and hugged her again, padding on her hair. The whole scene is watched, and felt, and empathized from a crowd of eyes. Now Kelly doesn't mind all the bad stuff Sarah did anymore, she's just so blissed that they're on good terms again. The best friends have reunited, with a new "not so mysterious anymore but still kinda" appearance in the group. Well if you ask, that individual stood from a decent far and watched the whole thing...casually, but baffled in making herself even visible and presented in their surroundings. The group called her to join when she was leaning against a wall and unmindfully smoking. Nothing was expected besides an eye roll and a smirk, but this time, she joined in because of one and maybe only person. The cafeteria is filled with laughter and chatter again, no jeers, just cheers, and full of ignorance of Max's angry remark stomping off further to the hallway.