Involuntary (Morro) (hint of Lloyd)

This wasn't supposed to happen.

This wasn't part of the plan.

Sure, things diverting from plan happens often, but improv wouldn't fix something like this. How does one work with... this?

This... feeling.

Morro stared you down from where he pinned you. The icy floors of the maze cave where the tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master was located bit at your back. You shuddered under his thoughtful gaze, unable to see past Lloyd's body, past Lloyd's eyes.

They were a darker shade of green, not the bright ones you were so used to.

They belonged to the ghost who you have yet to see fully. His true form, his true self. You've only known Morro to appear as Lloyd.

Lloyd...

The Sword of Sanctuary pierced through your gi, just under your wrists that Morro positioned above your head. He clutched your collar, fist raised as he had prepared to land a harsh blow to you after his patience with you grew thin at your relentless actions at getting the Green Ninja back.

But he had stopped himself.

You thought it was Lloyd fighting back.

But Lloyd, stuck in a prison of his own body, was utterly stunned. He wasn't in any control of his body. So he wondered, why did Morro stop?

All was silent. The ninja had gone beyond this floor a few minutes ago. It was only you two. You two, and a powerful wind that swirled solely through Morro's mind, suffocating him from any rational thought.

He was... unsure of this feeling.

His vessel was full of it.

Morro tried to make sense of it... He wondered what it was, and why he only felt it grow hotter and brighter like a burning flame every time he crossed paths with you and the ninja.

He gazed into your eyes, as if they held the answer. Your eyes that held confusion much like himself, but exhaustion and little fear lingered in your expression as well. He felt his— Lloyd's heart thump in a pained manner. He... he didn't like seeing that in you. He didn't like being aware that he was the cause of that.

But... why?

Why did he care now?

The ghost has heard about love long before he died, when he was taken under Wu's guidance. Platonic love, familial love, he knew that. Was this... what was this? Was it... love? That feeling. He didn't know if that's what he had been experiencing every time he saw you. He just knew he felt something. This unfamiliarity was killing him.

He hated it.

The more time he spent possessing Lloyd, understanding the little twerp from every inch of his brain, the more he grew conflicted about everything. About his mission. About hurting the ninja. About the greater good.

He scoffed. It was as if the more he was Lloyd, the more he influenced him—

Morro blinked.

Your gaze never left his as you watched him go through internal conversations. You were vulnerable— if he was hesitating in hurting you, you weren't going to do anything else to provoke him. You've had enough of his beatings already.

Quite literally seeing Morro come to a conclusion, you squirmed a little under his hold, the solid floor growing to be quite uncomfortable on your entire body. Nothing was said as Morro's eyes flickered to your frowning lips, going unnoticed by you.