Ch-19 News

"Danielle, you're up next," a voice fled from right across the room, most likely a staff member signaling that her turn for the shoot was due.

she got up, leaving her phone behind in the waiting room, exiting through the door as she headed towards the shoot's location.

...

"thank you all for your hard work," Danielle said, bowing while exchanging smiles, her day was finally over and she will at least get some rest until the next day. As she was going back to her waiting room, grabbing her stuff to go back to the hotel, her phone was blowing up from the amount of calls and texts she got, even calls from her in-laws. She will reply later, she thought.

in the car escorting her back, she finally decided to open thoes messages, as curiosity got to her.

her eyes widened in shock, it's not true, it can't be.

"Danielle, oh my god you finally picked up," Minji said, as she was pacing back and forth in Haerin's assigned hospital room, she wasn't there yet, she still had her surgery and it's taking longer than expected for some reason.

"what is happening, why is everyone calling and texting me?" she knew what's happening, she can read. She needed to hear it from someone to knock her back into her senses.

"Haerin... she uhm," she trailed off.

"she got into a car crash." silence. Danielle's eyes are watering, her driver even looking back at her from the rear view mirror.

"change the route, we're going to the airport." she said, determination on her face, almost appearing angry as her eyes are handling tears that are threatening to spill.

"but ma'am-"

"now." she cut him off, making him sigh in defeat as he took a sharp turn, changing their way.

"where is she now?" Danielle continued her talk with Minji.

"in the hospital, currently in surgery, but they've assigned her a room,"

"is her injury that bad?" she replied.

"the doctors said that it's pretty bad, but I wasn't able to see her, they mentioned that it'll also take some time before she finally wakes up." Minji continued as she can hear some sniffles on the other side of the line.

"I'll be right there, call me if anything happens." Danielle said, quietly hanging up right before she made another phone call.

"can you get the luggage out of the room? yes the keys are with my manager."

...

"hey, I'm here to ask about the room number of Kang Haerin?" Danielle said, her hands almost shaking as beads of sweat were apparent on her forehead. Even the counter desk employee was a bit perplexed by her appearance.

"what is your relationship with Ms.Kang?" the employee said, her eyes hovering over the screen of her computer. "she's my wife." she said, atleast if they mention that only family members are allowed to see her, she can enter.

"I see, she's in room 107, 4th floor." she said, glancing at the latter.

...

she nervously turned the door knob, her hand still trembling trying to keep her sanity to not fall apart, the bed was empty. She tried to look at around the room, the blank white walls almost suffocating her. Only to notice Haerin's best friend. The only person there.

"M-minji," she pleaded, the tears finally streaming down her cheeks as her legs give up, making poor Minji try to comfort her while wrapping her arms around her as best as she can.

"take a deep breath with me, ok? I'm here with you. It's fine, it's going to be okay. We both know Haerin, you know she will never give up." Minji said, her palms stroking Danielle's back softly.

"do you know where her parents are?" she said in a soft tone after a while, Her sobs can be heard during the sentence and her wet-stained rosy cheeks aren't helping with her situation either.

"they're on their way, they were outside of the town," Minji answered calmly.

"then maybe I should give them a phone
cal-" she said, getting up.

"Lets not do that right now, Danielle. How about we sit back and relax. Okay? they know about the situation and they are on their way." she grabbed her hand gently, leading her to the chair that she was previously sitting on.