apprentices

For some reason, being back in Fairytopia this time was... different. With most of the other movies, it was easy to go in and leave the world. 

But knowing they weren't seeing Elina after this movie (unless they decided to attempt going back in for a rerun) hit different this time. 

"Hey, you're still like you were last time!" Pinkie pointed out, and Twilight stared down to see that yes, she was still transformed like she had been at the end of Mermaidia

"Huh," she said. "Continuity."

"I still can't believe it's our last time here," Fluttershy said. 

"Well, let's try to enjoy it," Applejack said as they crossed through the Magic Meadow. 

"Or you can at least get off the ground!" Rainbow Dash laughed, high in the air as they looked for Elina.

"Over there!" Sunset pointed. "At three o' clock!"

Sure enough, there was Elina flying across the meadow with Dandelion, neither of them aware of a horde of pixies coming for them. 

"Are they going to make fun of her again?" Twilight asked. 

"Oh, those roguish comments?" Rarity raised an eyebrow. "Please. There are more proper forms of insult."

Rainbow Dash snorted a little. 

"I'm pretty sure they're fangirling over her," Pinkie shrugged. "Because they know about how she saved Mermaidia. Though, I guess all of us saved Mermaidia this time."

"We can at least say hello," Sunset said. "Let's go!"

The group quickly headed over to Elina and Dandelion, the two of them resting on a large flower.

Elina saw them first. "They're back!"

What quickly followed was a nine-person/fairy group hug. 

"It's nice to see you again too," Twilight smiled, noticing Elina's rose-petal dress from Mermaidia had still stayed as well. 

"What brings you back?" Elina asked the girls. "Your little movie adventure?"

"Yeah," Pinkie shrugged. "But this the last time we'll be in your world."

Elina's face dimmed a little. "Well, we'll just have to make the most of this time."

"There they are! All eight of them!"

The girls' conversation was interrupted as they saw the horde of pixies catching up to them. 

"Is it true you gave up your wings to save Fairytopia?" one asked excitedly. 

Twilight and Elina shared a look. 

"I guess," Elina finally said. 

"We didn't really think of it like that then, however," Twilight explained. 

"I hear Laverna's more scared of you than the Enchantress!" another pixie beamed. 

"I mean, can't argue with that," Rainbow Dash shrugged. 

"I heard you fought of thirty fungi all at once!" a third pixie exclaimed. 

"We what?" Sunset furrowed her brows when she felt a pixie tugging on her finger. 

"My mommy says if I eat all my broccolina, I'll become just like you!" the pixie said. 

Sunset wasn't sure how to respond. "She really said that?"

"You're our heroes," the pixie gushed. "You all are."

"Oh, please tell us about the times you saved Fairytopia!" a pixie begged, followed by shouts in agreement by others.