the crystal palace

Hidden underneath a flower, Max watched as Elina, Bibble, and the Equestria Girls flew through the meadow, nearly ready for the flight to the Crystal Palace.

"Oh, your wickedness," he spoke into a circular screen, where a scowling toad stared back. "I have news."

He quickly told her about Azura's information regarding the girls becoming apprentices.

"And they'll be there in two days," he finished.

"Interesting," Laverna smiled. "I'm changing your assignment. From now on I want you to follow all eight of them. The Enchantress and the girls. Nine fairies with one stone."

"It's a long way to the Crystal Palace," Dandelion said.

"We'll be fine," Elina reassured.

"You don't have to do everything by yourself, you know."

"Don't worry, we'll keep her from doing anything stupid," Rainbow Dash said.

"And by that, she means I'll have to keep her from doing anything stupid," Applejack rolled her eyes a little.

Rarity couldn't help but giggle. "You're probably the only reason Rainbow Dash is even alive right now."

"I heard that!" Rainbow Dash snapped.

The flight certainly was long and did indeed stretch over two days (and none of them seemed to notice Max following). They went through places that were oddly familiar.

"It definitely feels nice flying over these flowers instead of hopping from them," Twilight said as the went past the flowers that led to Fairy Town.

"It was definitely fun, though, you can't argue with that," Rainbow Dash pointed out. "I totally crushed it at parkour here."

"But can you do tricks in the air?" Pinkie asked, casually skipping mid-air.

Rainbow Dash opened her mouth to say something but quickly shut it.

They arrived at the Rustic Forest, and they could see an iridescent structure on top of a mountain.

"That's the Crystal Palace," Pinkie said, smiling toothily.

Bibble began babbling as usual and began flying towards the direction of the palace, but paused when he saw Elina not moving, her smile fading.

"Is everything okay?" Fluttershy asked, landing next to her.

"It's just... what if I can't do this?" Elina asked, clearly worried. "What if I'm not good enough to fit in?"

"It's okay."

Everyone perked up, and slowly turned to the only person who could've released a male sound.

"Everything's gonna be okay. I promise?"

"Bibble?" Sunset furrowed her brows. "Is that you?"

Bibble opened his mouth to argue in gibberish when the strange voice happened again. "It's okay, little one."

Fluttershy's ears perked up at the sound of chittering. "Oh, it sounds like a forest animal."

She turned to the source of the noises and peeked through the bush, noticing a dark haired fairy dressed in green, kneeling in front of a strange purple creature, who was obviously shy.

"Oh my, he talks to animals," Rarity commented. "Just like you!"

Fluttershy's cheeks heated a little. "You... don't know that."

The fairy's head jerked up a little from the creature. "Who said that?"

"Uh-oh," Bibble quickly dove out of sight.