Chapter sixty nine

I lay there on the couch, the soft fabric beneath me providing little comfort to my naked body. Tears stream down my face, feeling like I'd been hit by a storm that wouldn't let up. Every breath feel heavy, burden by the weight of what Mikey had done and said. My heart is this chaotic mix of sorrow and anger, the tears just keep falling, as if they've a mind of their own.

The memories flood back, each one a sharp pang in my chest. I remember the moment Mikey said those words, the breakup without a reason. It's like the ground have been pulled from under me, leaving me lost and confused. And then, like some twisted encore, he showed up, telling me what I can and can't do, as if I'm still his to control.

My fingers grip the pillow, seeking some anchor in this whirlwind of emotions. I want to scream, to make sense of it all, but all that come out are these silent sobs that racked my body. I cry because lately all he makes me feel like is a slut, a fuck-toy. A stress relief of his jealousy.

The room seems to shrink around me, the dim light casting shadows that match the turmoil within. Mikey stand beside me, his frustration evident in the creases on his forehead.

"Why are you crying now?" His words slice through the tension, carrying an angry edge that only intensified the ache in my chest. I look up at him, my voice quivering as I try to convey the storm of emotions within me.

"I thought you cared about me" I stammer, my gaze fix on his eyes. "But all you care about is me being with no one else but you".

Mikey's silence hung in the air, heavy and oppressive. He doesn't offer any explanation or reassurance, leaving me to grapple with the weight of my own vulnerability. His lack of response fuels the frustration welling up inside me.

"I just need you to understand, Mikey" I plead, my voice barely audible above the muffled sobs. "You're the one who broke up with me... I didn't ask for the break up, if you don't want to be with me then why get angry when I'm with someone else? Is it because you want me all to yourself?"

Still, Mikey says nothing. He moves away, settling on the couch opposite me, and the distance between us feels like an unspoken chasm. I wipe away my tears, mustering the strength to vocalize the ache in my heart.

"If you want me to yourself, then why you broke up with me?" I sob it, as tears stream down my face once again. "Since day one you drove me insane then you started treating me like a princess. Only for me to find out a fe- few months later that you don't want to be with me because you want to protect me" I say quietly as I hold my ripped dress to my naked body,  covering the body that I don't want him to touch.

He furrows his brows shocked that I'm
actually speaking up. "You had me actually like you. Actually drop that guard of insecurity inside of me. You were the whole reason i wanted to dress up when walking down the streets. I wanted you to look at me" I turn slowly to look away, averting my blurry eyes from him.

My legs shuddering, my heart racing and my figure red. They're all because of him, but so are those tears.

"You made me feel like I had someone who want me for me" I snif rubbing my nose with my wrist. "And then you turned out to be the biggest prank of my life. And then you came here. Gave me your fucking word... not for missing me but for knowing I'm seeing someone else" I bare my teeth, feeling mixture of anger and hurt.

"I lied... I'm the one who told Emma to say that, thinking you'll be jealous and we get back together... or at least have a talk. But I was wrong" I shake my head in denial feeling anger take control of me. But the amount of relief I feel speaking in front of him can't be described with words.