Chapter VI

"Okay send this to Parth and ask him to make a cover for you. Let us avail some benefit from his artistic skills." Ishika suggested to Anaya. And Anaya without giving it a second thought follows Ishika's advice.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Mar gyeeeee!" Anaya held her head in despair.
"What happened?"
"I, by mistake forwarded this to Ayaan and he already saw the message. As if he was just waiting for my message since decades. I can't even delete it, since he saw it already and must have started reading it."
"It's okayy! Calm down! You haven't forwarded your terrorist group secret plans to him."
"But why should he read it?"
"You want the world to read it but have problem if he reads it?"
"It's not yet published and he don't have any clue that I write."
"So what?"

Before Anaya could reply to Ishika, a message popped on her screen, that read: "I didn't know that my Lily knows how to put papers on fire just by words. You are such a great writer!"
Lily of Valley. Flower that symbolizes purity, innocence and rebirth. Happiness and love took rebirth in him and even he wasn't aware that he is slowly falling in love with His Lily.

Anaya felt touched reading 'my Lily' and was zoned out for a minute. When her senses met her again, she wrote "Thank you". She have no idea what else to say. Ask about being called as Lily? No! She liked it afterall. Or should she gives an explanation that it was a mistake and she didn't want to send it to him?

She ignored the thoughts and felt happy, that someone is liking her story. Someone who is not Ishika. And with that feeling she went to the kitchen to treat herself and Ishika a cupcake. (And maybe Ayaan too, she is just 'being neighbourly.')

She went to the kitchen and took out all ingredients. Placed them in order, OCPD, and started baking. After half an hour, 3 cupcakes were ready. Anaya liked cooking. Apart from writing, she enjoys when she cook and when the dish turns out to be delicious.

She decorated the cupcake. Layered it with the cream, sprinkled some sprinkles and chocochip. And it was ready. She gave one to Ishika and went to Ayaan's apartment.

Before ringing the bell, she thought Should I change this dress? It's too old. And maybe this colour doesn't suits me. Do I look presentable enough? Am I looking good? Why am I thinking all this? I don't care about how I look or how he perceives me afterall.  She rang the bell after giving it a second thought. I should just run away. But before she could, he opened the door.

"Zehnaseeb! Aap?" (My goodness! You here?)
"Ji! I bought this cupcake for you, I just baked it."
"So Ms. Author being Ms. Chef? What else do you do?"
Anaya was embarrassed. She didn't want to hear anything about that novel from him.
"I was supposed to send it to Parth, but by mistake I forwarded it to you."
"Please keep doing such mistakes. I really liked it."
"Thank you." she replied shying. She thought of asking about why he called her Lily.  There exist no such relationship between them. But okay, some other day. Let her embrace that for now.
"Do you read often?" she questioned instead. Then realised she already knew the answer. The silent patient in The Library Cafe.
And before he could reply her, she said in a belittling voice "Oh yes you do!"
She regretted immediately as she don't want to explain it to him that how she knew it. Not now atleast.
"Oh to aap taantrik bhi hai? I didn't knkw tha-" (Oh so you are an astrologer too?
"Oh shut up" she replied in a tiring voice. "I saw few books in your house in the afternoon. So I guessed it" she lied but partially she said truth.

She did notice that how well maintained was his house. Everything was placed as if it was a lock and key combination.  Made to fit together. The plants growing outside the window just complimented the white walls inside.

So he is fond of plants. Lily. She thought and blushed.

"Lost in my thoughts?" Ayaan questioned and brought her back to reality.
"I don't have time to think about you." Anaya said trying to hide up her reddened cheeks.
"Then why are you not passing me the cupcake? Or you brought it just to show it to me? To make me jealous?  Well you can just let all your attention flow to anyone else and I will already be jealous."
"You speak so much. Here, hold your cupcake. Taste it and let me know." she said cursorily.

It was then she noticed that Ayaan was leaving for somewhere.
"Were you leaving for somewhere?"
"Oh yes! I have some important stuffs to do. My dad called me."
"Oh okay. I hope you are not already late because of me."
"No no don't worry."
"Why would I worry? Anyways see you."
"Will be waiting for it desperately."

Anaya went home and was eating her cupcake when Ishika entered her room.
"Oh I forgot to ask, what did Mr. D'Souza said?"
"He said that we have to pay him fine for letting Maya bring her pet for just 2 hours in a 'pets not allowed' flat or else empty his property. As he doesn't wants his property to be smelling like animals. It makes no sense. Inhumane. And his tone, oh God! I hate him but we can't do anything until we find another apartment in reasonable rates. House hunting is tough in Mumbai, the city of dreams where no one even have time to sleep. But Mr. D'Souza... I can't handle him anymore. And he has no rights to talk to me like that! He even cursed me. I was so angry on him at that time, I just wanted to murder him. But I paid the fine."
"Ohh... why didn't you inform me earlier?"
"I thought not to disturb you as you were already busy doing some law amendment for your company. I can handle it."
"Don't worry I'll put a case on him for mentally torturing you. And if that doesn't makes you happy I'll kill him for you."
They agreed on this plan and bursted out into laughter. And kept adding things to it until they were out of breath.
"He'll be paying fine." "He himself will keep a dog" "He himself will become a dog" etc etc.

At 8:00 pm
Ishika and Anaya came out of their rooms.
"Ishi I have to get some books so I'll be back in an hour."
"Okay. Carry the extra pair of keys because even I'm going on a dinner date with Parth."
"I seeee. Spill the beans as soon as you come home.

💫💫

Mr. D'Souza is going to die in an hour. What could be the reason? And who was the murderer? What motive did he/she have? Stay tuned to know it in the next chapter.