Chapter IX

23/06/23
And as she took in the comfort and the softness that she felt and embraced her arm around that gentleness, she was deeply lost inside. One could not figure out from where the bed started and from where Anaya! She, her bed and her pillow were so well assorted that it became difficult for Ishika to separate them from each other. The only true love that exists is sleeping!

"Wake up Ana! You have to reach to the office at 10, it's already 8:30"
"I am so tired after yesterday's trip. Lemme sleep" she said in a drowsy voice.
"Ayaan said he will be taking you to office with him from now on, afterall you both have the same destination."
Anaya was wide awake now, she jumped up on her bed & looked at Ishika in disbelief.

"What? Why? How? I don't know anything about it. Who said it to you? No!"
"That's the reason he informed ME. He knew that you would deny, so he asked me to get you ready by 9."
"By 9! It's already 8:30!"
"And you are wasting your time arguing with me." Ishika said satirically.
"Tujhe to me aake dekhti hu or usko me jaake dekhti hu"
"Accha to ab teri nazar bhi usse nhi hatti? Ussi ko dekhna hai ab..." she pouted her cheeks to hide her laugh.

At 9:00:
Ting tong!
He is always on time. How can anyone be so punctual? Looks like he is secretly in military or armed force or police inspector or investigator. Always punctual.
Anaya already knew it was him even before she opened the door.

"Good morning! Are you ready?"
"No give me 5 minutes. Actually I work in EcoGreen and not Ishi. So I was needed to be informed about this pick and drop service that you provide to all your employee and not Ishi. But... I see someone have more brains than required." She said in a sarcastic tone, and narrowed her eyes.
Ayaan let a small laugh out. She looked so cute like this, when she's grumpy. He came near her and lowered down to her ear and whispered:
"Only for you."
"What?"
"Pick and drop service. Only for you."
Anaya was left speechless. She felt that oxygen level has suddenly decreased. Or maybe her lungs were no longer capable of breathing.

Ayaan stepped back and with utmost delicacy tucked Anaya's hair behind her ear and cupped her cheek. He was mesmerized by Anaya. Only her presence was enough to make everything in this world seems dull. As she was the colour and the whole world was black and white.

He was so lost in her that he didn't realised when he started singing for her
"Ek din aap yu humko mil jaayenge
Ful hi ful raaho me khil jaayenge
Mene socha na tha"
These lines came directly and automatically out from his heart and touched Anaya's.

Anaya was lost into him. His eyes. His voice. Every melancholy was turning into melody for her. The way he looks at her seems like she is the center of the Earth. She, now, feels wanted. She feels important. She never felt this wanted, this important before. After her parents death, she was left alone by her uncle and aunt into the orphanage.  She always wanted to feel this worthy and important, but never asked for it. Afterall when her own uncle and aunt abonded her, how could she ask for it from any stranger? She have build up a wall around her heart, but it seems like Ayaan is slowly climbing up that wall.

They were distracted when Ayaan's phone's screen popped up. He looked at the screen and took two steps back. Meanwhile Anaya tried to fetch some oxygen for her lungs. Ayaan coldly said 'go and get ready'.

Anaya was surprised by this sudden change in his behavior. She felt hurt hearing this tone, when she started to believe that someone cares for her, she was brought back to the same old place. But she didn't said anything and went inside.

_________________________________________
What caused this sudden change in Ayaan's behavior? Will Anaya never receive love? Or will Ayaan be THE ONE?
Stay tuned!

Hey readers, hope you liked today's chapter and sorry for the delay but I promise to keep you'll updates.