Chapter X

23/06/23
Ayaan noticed the shift in Anaya's behavior and regretted being so cold with her. But his action was an instantaneous reaction of the past memories.

However he cannot see his Lily like this. Seeing her sad because of me makes me want to kill myself. I would destroy everything and kill everyone that makes her sad including me. Her angelic smile makes my heart beat faster. I want to bring everything that makes her smile and keep it at her foot and take all her miseries away.

"You wanna eat ice-cream?" He tried to erase the tension that was building up between them.
"It's 9 in the morning." She said in a serious, straight but low voice; without even looking at him.
"If you can have leftover biryani for breakfast and poha for lunch, you can surely eat ice-cream."
She was shocked seeing that he remembered the minute details about her.
"Don't pay so much attention to me."
"It's difficult. I cannot 'not' pay attention to you."
She looked at him for the first time since then. And a single drop of tear rolled down through her eyes which she quickly wiped off.

He stopped the car then and there at the side lane. He cupped her cheeks and lifted her chin making her looking at him, into his eyes.
"I'm sorry jaan. I didn't meant to hurt you like this. Tum roti ho to me meri jaan jaati hai. Ese naraz rehne se accha tum mujhe saza-e-mout de do bas roiye naa."
(I find it difficult to live when you cry. It's better if you kill me.)
"You suddenly became so cold. For the first time I felt that someone cared, that someone was there with me, that even I am important. But then it turned out that even you was just like everybody else. How could I not be hurt? It isn't that big of an issue but I don't know why am I reacting like this, I have habit of this cold world. And I don't understand that why I want warmth from you, not your coldness."

Ayaan hugged her as if his life depends on it. He raised his head up and kissed her forehead, while she sobbed into his coat staining it with tears.
"I am sorry! It was just- "
He cannot tell about that to her. Not now atleast. This is not the right time for it.
"I am here only for you, it's YOU who have my undistributed attention. Only you."

After a while, they were standing out of an ice-cream parlour.
"What would you like to have sir?" The waiter came and asked the couples.
"One mint chocochip for ma'am and one butter pecan for me."
After the waiter went to get them their orders, Anaya questioned,
"How do you know that I loved mint chocochip?"
"I should know what 'my love' loves, right?"
Anaya was saved by the waiter who came and rescued her from having this difficult conversation.
"Butter pecan. I see"
"Yes. I love how it's characterized by vanilla ice cream, then mixed with roasted pecans, butter, and vanilla flavoring. It's buttery and rich, making for a smooth ice cream that's nice and creamy."
"Can I taste it?"
"Anything that you want!"

"Do you know that you are the first girl sitting on the front seat beside me?"
"Why do I get this honour then?"
"Because with you, I feel complete."

Ayaan went outside to attend a call from his dad, Mr. Sehgal. When he came inside he was in a serious mood.
"Something serious?" Anaya asked worried.
"Nothing. Shall we leave?" He replied with a shallow smile.
"Sure."

Ayaan was out of his character. He was quite the whole time after the call ended.
I have my own reasons to come here and I can't keep doing all this that's just distracting me. Am I  actually in love with her?  But I can't keep doing all this. I have to finish everything up sooner. The longer it goes on, more difficult it gets he thought. As a result, wifi signals were formed on his forehead.

What is Ayaan hiding? What or whom do he have to finish? What is his motive? And is Ayaan actually in LOVE with Anaya? Or is it just his flirty nature that comes out when he's with her? And is stone hearted Anaya becoming like wax in front of him?

Hey readers!
I've these double updates today, as I didn't posted anything yesterday. (This is a filler chapter.) Though the chapters are small but I do liked the lovey-dovey scenes between them. Hope you liked them too. Further chapters are going to unfold a huge truth. Stay tuned!