Goth Ball (1)(Goth Girl AU)

*This story takes place in an AU where Himiko and Maki are actually cousins, and have the mashed-up surname of Yumekawa (I didn't want to use the ship name "Harumeno" to avoid any confusion). But, anyways, Himiko and Maki are goth girls in this story, and they're new to Hope's Peak Academy.*

    It was a bright, sunny Monday morning at Hope's Peak Academy. Some students were hanging outside before class started, waiting for their friends to arrive, or simply just wandering around for no apparent reason. 

   "Hey, Sayaka! Over here!" Kaede called, waving Sayaka over to her. Sayaka grinned cheerfully and walked over to her. 

   "Good morning, Kaede!" she said. "What's going on?"

   "Didn't you hear? We're supposed to be getting a new student today!" Kaede replied. 

   "Oh, yeah! I did hear about that," Sayaka nodded. "I wonder what they're going to be like."

   "Hopefully, not as cool as me," Leon butted in, walking up to them. "Hey, Sayaka!" He gave Sayaka a large smile without acknowledging Kaede. 

   "Oh. Um...hi, Leon," Sayaka replied. "Aren't you going to say hi to Kaede, as well?" Leon turned to Kaede. 

    "Oh, my bad!" he said. "Hey, Kaitlyn!"

    "Er, my name is-" Kaede began.

   "So, Sayaka, I have a question," Leon said, cutting Kaede off as he turned to Sayaka. Sayaka blinked in surprise.

    "Oh! Um...what is it?" she asked.

    "Would you like to go to the Halloween dance with me this Saturday?" Leon asked. 

   "S-Sorry, Leon, I planned to go with someone else," Sayaka mumbled apologetically. Leon's eye twitched as he forced a grin.

    "Ah...no problem," he said through gritted teeth.

    "Um...maybe you could go with the new student," Sayaka suggested. "If they're nice, that is!"

   "Well, I do hope they're at least easy to get along with," Kaede chimed in. "Maybe I can teach them to play the piano!"

   "And I could teach them to cook," Sayaka suggested. "I may not look it, but I am pretty good at cooking. My specialty, lately, is Italian food!"

   "Maybe you could make me some, Sayaka!" Akane said, drooling at the mouth as she walked up to them. 

    "Okay!" Sayaka said. "I can make you some later!"

   "Nice! Now I get to compare your food to Teruteru's!" Akane said with a large, eager grin.