Chapter 1-10

Chapter 1

When Qin Laidi woke up, she found herself lying on the Tukang, with a mottled paint cabinet propped up by the window, and a rusty tiger head lock hanging on the cabinet... Isn't this my hometown?

To be precise, it was her natal family located deep in the mountains.

After joining the army, she rarely returned to her parents' home. The last time she went home was thirty years ago. When she rushed home, she only saw her grandma Qin Guihua, who had been raped all her life, lying lifelessly on the earthen bed.

Grandma Qin Guihua was originally a migrant. She fled from Jiaodong Province to Shilan Province during the Republic of China. When she came out, she had a family of more than 20 people. When she arrived in the remote mountain village of Wulitun, there was only one little girl left - Qin. Osmanthus fragrans.

At that time, little Osmanthus fragrans was so hungry that she had only one breath left. She happened to meet a kind-hearted family named Qin who adopted her. In those days, there were not many families who could have enough to eat, but she could eat until she was blushing. The Qin family really raised her as their daughter.

Within a few years, they became childhood sweethearts with the only son of the Qin family. One of them didn't have to marry another person, and the other didn't have to marry outside. The Qin family said they might as well get married.

Unfortunately, the good times did not last long. In the second year after the couple gave birth to a fat boy, the man and his parents-in-law died of illness one after another. As a result, the seventeen-year-old Qin Guihua and her son became a famous pretty widow in Wulitun, and she was the one who scolded the whole village with one mouthful.

After her son and daughter-in-law died of illness one after another, Qin Guihua, an "old widow", not only forcefully took care of her four granddaughters, but also found a wealthy family for them, the first in the village.

Qin Laidi remembered that her eldest sister Qin Ailan was married to a worker in a steel factory in the county, and her second sister Qin Youdi's father-in-law was the captain of the production brigade next door. Even she herself had a good marriage.

The man she married was named Zhao Qingsong. He was already a company-level cadre before getting married. He could take her with him to eat and provide food for the army. The only flaw was that he had been divorced once and had a son and a daughter.

She was not happy at first, but as grandma said, such a tall and handsome officer cadre is rare for many leaders' daughters. She is a third-generation poor peasant with no father or mother, and her family is too poor to make a fuss. How can she marry a rural girl? He can be regarded as having smoke coming out of his ancestral grave, so why should he be so fussy about it?

But the fact is that it is not easy to be a stepmother. The stepson is now five years old and can remember things. He only thinks about the good of his biological mother and maternal relatives. If she takes good care of her, that is what she should do; if she does not take good care of her, then she has ulterior motives... Later, even the two-year-old stepdaughter felt that It's better to be a biological mother. Not only does she not beat or scold her, she is kind-hearted, but she can also make new clothes and buy half a catty of toffee from time to time.

People often say that if they were not born by themselves, they would not be of the same mind as her. Qin Laidi also wanted to have a son and a half to raise, but at first Zhao Qingsong said that Haiyang Haiyan was still young and could not let them think that they would have a stepmother if they had one. Dad, wait two years before they accept it.

After two years, when Haiyang Haiyan went to elementary school and became sensible, Zhao Qingsong said that he was busy with work and could not go home once every six months, so he would wait until he mentioned it to someone higher up.