chapter seven

— COLE —

She's mine.

That's the first thought that comes into my head as Camilla finally passes out again after our little conversation.

I sit on a small, red loveseat that is in direct view of the bed that she's laying on.

I admire her, taking in all of her features. She looks beautiful sleeping. It makes me sound like a creep, but it's the truth.

Her hair is spread out like a halo above her, her plump lips slightly parted and her thick lashes kissing her rosy cheeks.

I've stayed like this for maybe an hour, just watching her, eyeing the rise and fall of her chest clad in white with relief as I make sure she's all right.

Last night was... extremely different from my usual routine.

When I called Xavier last night, I asked him to help me get rid of Cooper Philips, the guy who Camilla had killed in self defence.

Normally, before a murder, I plan things out thoroughly and wouldn't cause such a messy, unpredictable slaughter without thinking it over.

Since Camilla's case was a little impromptu, I was stuck on what to do. Despite the fact I hate asking for help, I wouldn't abandon such an innocent woman and leave her to deal with that all alone.

Yet... If it were any other person, perhaps I would feel pity for them (if I knew they were innocent) and would let  them stay at one of my hotels or something - not just take them with me as they pass out from shock in my arms.

But Camilla is different. She makes me feel... strange.

It's like my heart has finally started beating and whenever I look at her precious face and that body - the body that could make a priest sin - I feel like my ribs are bruising from the sheer pressure of my heart slamming against my chest, like I'm having a fucking heart attack from looking at her beauty.

She is an enigma I am going to figure out one day. I'm going to figure out why she makes me feel so fucking full of emotions that I can't even name - emotions that I thought I wasn't capable of.

I sigh and finally decide to call Xavier and update him on what's happening. After all, he was the one who helped me deal with Camilla's situation.

Xavier, my friend, is a hacker and he helps me track down evil people so I can rid them from this world. He can do just about anything if he has a computer and some information about whatever he's gonna bypass that day.

We both have quite traumatic experiences that we bonded over, which could be seen as 'unhealthy' but I find our relationship to be very healing, since we have been taking a part in killing our abusers and horrible people since we were nineteen-or-so.

I dial Xavier's number, wait a few moments before I hear his familiar drawl come out of the speaker.

"Hey, Cola," He begins, using that dumb nickname he created for me since we were teenagers, "Any new bodies I need to call the clean-up crew for again?" He jests.

Xavier is a sarcastic person. Despite his nerdy, lanky interior, he charms almost all women and men with his smooth lines and can make any person like him, even a fucking nun would suck his dick if he whispered the right words in her ear.

When I asked him to help get rid of the corpse of Camilla's doing, he complied without complaint or any questions.

I sigh, "No, not today at least." I reply, "Though I do want to update you on what happened last night."