New Life, New Questions

Everyday had become a lazy day since that fateful night 2 weeks ago. Their hours together were filled with holding each other and cuddling. It felt like they had all of their lives to catch up on, so no time was ever wasted.

It was such a sudden change. Just the day before they were cracking monotone jokes and insulting each other. Then before they knew it, they had emotions to figure out and talk about. That was still something to get used to and work on, but it didn't feel like a burden to carry anymore.

Just like the past couple weeks, they were now on the couch, lying down and holding each other while watching TV, but mostly just enjoying the other's presence and touch. Smart Butthead held Smart Beavis in his arms as he let him rest on his body, Smart Beavis' head on his chest whilst he lightly caressed his back for a bit. As always, Smart Beavis enjoyed being caressed by Smart Butthead. Ever since they became a couple, they could not find a way to keep their hands off of each other. He loosely held Smart Butthead's waist as both of their heads were turned to the TV.

Soon, Smart Beavis gets to thinking about Smart Butthead. He moves his head to look up at him. Smart Butthead doesn't notice as his head still faces the TV. Smart Beavis looks over his features from his perspective. He really loves how Smart Butthead looks at every angle. He is aware that he could stare at him all day. A small smile forms on his face and he can't stop himself from reaching his right hand up to touch Smart Butthead's left cheek. This catches Smart Butthead's attention, and he looks down. He was about to ask what he was doing, but Smart Beavis quickly leaned up to plant a soft kiss on his lips before he could say anything.

Smart Butthead looked down at him with wide eyes, which made Smart Beavis smile wider. He always managed to make Smart Butthead flustered like that with every kiss. It was adorable to him.

"Was there a reason for your action?" Smart Butthead asked quietly.

Smart Beavis shook his head as he lowered his right hand back down. "Apologies, but it felt like it needed to be done."

"Do not apologize. I enjoyed it! Are there not supposed to be reasons for such actions?" Smart Butthead inquired.

Yes, they were still figuring things out. But that was alright, it was fun to express their questions and feelings freely.

"Perhaps. Just wanting to is a reason though, is it not?" Smart Beavis said.

"I suppose you are correct." Smart Butthead said, smiling.

Smart Beavis' smile stays as he rests his head back on Smart Butthead's chest and turns toward the TV once more. He starts to get lost in his own thoughts.

Smart Beavis was still trying to process that they're in love, and that they're a couple now. It used to be such a foreign concept, but it turns out that just accepting that he felt like this was the only thing he needed to make all this happen. He never would've guessed that Smart Butthead would have felt the same way, but it only made him wonder more about what Smart Butthead has been going through the past years.

It doesn't matter much anymore. They're here now, and they're in love. In love! It sounded perfect to Smart Beavis.

His attention shifted as he started to listen to his surroundings. The TV was already on low volume, and he didn't even know what show was on. Then he started to hear a slow and muffled beating sound, which could only be Smart Butthead's heartbeat. It had grown to be one of his favorite sounds in the whole universe. They assumed this position quite frequently, so he's had the honor to listen to it many times already. He paid attention to its rhythm, memorizing how long it takes for each beat to sound next. It was quiet in his chest at the moment, and it was slow and calm; he was perfectly calm and content with everything.