All for Nothing

Smart Beavis began to stir in his sleep. He saw the light of the sun through his closed eyelids, and he knew it was time to get up. He opened his eyes and blinked a few times, adjusting to the bright room. He looked around the room for a bit, not wanting to move right away. It was warm under the covers anyway.

Smart Beavis got to thinking then, and his thoughts wandered to Smart Butthead's health. He really, really hoped he would feel better today. After all, it's been quite a few days since he's begun to feel ill. Smart Beavis had the urge to make something for Smart Butthead. He doesn't want them to sleep the day away.

Smart Beavis carefully took the covers off him and slid off the bed slowly. Once he was standing, he glanced back at Smart Butthead to make sure he was still asleep. Indeed, he was undisturbed from his slumber.

Smart Beavis stretched and yawned, then walked out of the bedroom and down the hallway. He made his way into the kitchen, where he debated on what to prepare for Smart Butthead. He soon settled for tea. That will certainly help with his health.

He reached up into a cupboard to grab the box, and he pulled a bag out. He set it by the sink and then went to get a mug. He poured hot water into it, then set the tea bag in it. Of course, it wasn't quite ready yet, but he took it back to the bedroom anyway.

He walked to Smart Butthead's side of the bed and sat the mug down on his nightstand. He looked over Smart Butthead and how peaceful he looked asleep. Smart Beavis really hoped he would be feeling better today.

Smart Beavis let the tea bag soak, and once it looked ready enough to drink he put his hand on Smart Butthead's arm. He shook him gently. That was all he needed to do though, as Smart Butthead's eyes fluttered open shortly after Smart Beavis' motion.

Smart Beavis smiled down at him. "Good morning, Smart Butthead."

Smart Butthead looked Smart Beavis over for a moment before giving a small, tired smile back. He rubbed his eyes before sitting up against the headboard.

Smart Beavis watched, adoring the way he looked in the morning. He realized he had tea for Smart Butthead though, and snapped his attention back to that. He held it out for Smart Butthead.

Smart Butthead looked into the mug and quickly processed that it was tea. He took it and quietly thanked Smart Beavis. Smart Beavis still smiled, and he walked to the other side of the bed to climb in and sit next to Smart Butthead.

They sat in silence for the moment while Smart Butthead drank his tea.

All Smart Beavis could think about was Smart Butthead's health condition. It was the only thing he could ask. "How are you feeling?"

Smart Butthead took a sip of his tea before answering. "Although I have not been conscious for long, I believe I am feeling great improvement." he responds, turning to look at Smart Beavis.

Smart Beavis' face lit up when he heard that wonderful news. "Is that so? That is excellent news!"

Smart Butthead was pleased with Smart Beavis' reaction. Even though Smart Beavis had tried to hide it, Smart Butthead could tell he was worried sick over his health. It felt very refreshing to finally give him truthful good news.

"I hope it stays that way for the rest of the day." Smart Butthead commented, taking another sip.

"I wish for the same." Smart Beavis said.

It was silent again for some time, until Smart Beavis leaned his head against Smart Butthead's shoulder. Smart Butthead smiled and took the last sip of his tea. He reached over and placed the mug on the nightstand, then wrapped his arm around Smart Beavis to keep him close.