Moonsickness

WARNING: This opening scene has a nightmare sequence which contains pain, flesh tearing, blood, and corpse imagery, the rest of the chapter involves sickness and body scarring. Enjoy!

It was dark. The area felt confined, and the air was heavy. It was kind of blurry. He thought he saw himself in a chair, yet he couldn't move. He felt like his entire body was sliced up, but no blood did flow out of him.

He tried to scream but his mouth stayed shut.

Then suddenly, he started to hear different sounds, such as screaming, sobs of anguish, banging on glass, flesh tearing, and a loud beeping. He also started seeing things alongside these noises: Needles, blood, 4 strange beings, a turquoise-haired corpse covered in a black substance, and a pair of sharp eyes visible in pure darkness.

He attempted to shut his eyes but to no avail.

Then, he suddenly heard that same hum from last night, but it sounded like a different person. The voice was soft, smooth, and comforting. A voice slightly like his lover's, but something sounded vaguely different, yet familiar.

He tried to think about it, but once he did, those horrifying images came back, scaring him and causing him to awaken.

His eyes darted open as he quickly awoke from that terrible nightmare. His breath was quick and his heart was pounding from stress.

He sat up and his eyes darted around the bedroom in a panic, just for his eyes to meet Smart Butthead, who awoke after feeling his partner shaking in his sleep. "Smart Beavis, are you alright? You seem distressed, please inform me of what happened!"

Smart Beavis took a deep breath, feeling a little bit calmer after realizing it was all a dream, but he was confused on what it even was.

"I am not sure, all I remember is being in an immense amount of pain. It is nothing to worry about, but I am not sure if I should return to slumbering just in case it happens again. I really do not wish to be a bother at all." Smart Beavis still seemed shaken by everything and his eyes still refused to leave Smart Butthead's.

"I am not worried about that, allow me to soothe you. It is quite alright if you cannot sleep for the rest of the night, I am not that tired anyway." Smart Butthead's voice was softer than usual, which made his words feel a lot more genuine.

He pulled Smart Beavis close to him, embracing him slightly and motioning for him to lie down in bed and relax.

He softly stroked the back of Smart Beavis' head and pulled him closer as he kissed his forehead. "Remember, I am always here for you. And I shall protect and treat you in any way possible. Because I love you. That will never change, not even until time itself collapses."

Smart Beavis felt comforted by his embrace and kissed his nose. "I doubt that, as I adore you more than you can ever know."

Smart Beavis melted into the embrace as he spoke to Smart Butthead. Soon, their bodies were as close together as possible as they spent the rest of the night whispering sweet nothings to each other until they fell asleep in each other's arms.

—————

The bright rays of the sun shone through their bedroom window and onto the floor. Smart Butthead was still holding Smart Beavis close when his eyes began to flutter open. He was met with Smart Beavis just below his chin. He felt Smart Beavis' skin on his arms. He was a tad cold to the touch. Smart Butthead soon remembered the events of the night before, and he sighed quietly. He caressed Smart Beavis' back a little. He hated seeing Smart Beavis in such a state. It had been so long since he had seen him so shaken up. He felt as though he had some thinking to do.