Epilogue

It was early in the morning, the sun's rays shining through the various windows throughout the Smarts' residence. It was quiet and peaceful, like usual.

There was some noise in the kitchen. Smart Butthead was preparing breakfast for the 2 of them.

Smart Beavis sat on the couch in the living room, looking through the files from Judas.

2 weeks ago, when Smart Butthead had gotten out of the hospital, there was a lot of explanation over the truth of their past, but they had just touched the tip of the iceberg while in the hospital.

The next few days were filled with stories from the lab. Smart Butthead explained what had happened from his perspective, not just from what the files said. The experiments were much worse than what the files depicted, but there was still a lot he never understood from it.

It was really hard to hear all of this for the first time when Smart Beavis had listened to every word. He could hear the suffering in his voice as he retold everything he could remember from certain experiments. He also spoke of how they had to comfort each other at the end of each day, or try to heal each others' wounds if it was an especially bad day.

It was a rough few days, but everything was cleared up in its entirety. Nothing was left unsaid and nothing was said untruthfully. The air between them was so much better, and their love for each other was stronger than ever.

Smart Beavis came across some of the photos from the files. He set the file folder aside and held the small stack in front of his face.

Some of them he had already seen before. Then he stopped flipping through them when he saw one in particular.

It was a very tall woman wearing a grey lab coat with curly turquoise hair. She was holding hands with them, and they looked to be around 3 in that picture.

She looked so familiar. She had a big smile on her face, as well as the two of them. He tried to think back to the carvings on the wall in one of the rooms in the lab. Maybe it was the figure with curly hair and a smile?

He looked up and stopped thinking for a moment when he saw Smart Butthead approach him with 2 plates of food.

Smart Beavis picked up the folder to let Smart Butthead sit next to him, and he smiled softly as he was handed a plate.

He took it and set it on his lap. As he looked at it, he couldn't hide the smirk forming on his face. Burnt hash browns; most things were burnt around here, but Smart Beavis has grown used to it.

He picked up his fork and started to eat, but his mind still came back to that picture. He glanced at Smart Butthead, who seemed to be in a good enough mood to talk about this.

"Smart Butthead, may I ask you about something?"

Smart Butthead turned to look at Smart Beavis. He swallowed his bite. "Of course."

Smart Beavis took the picture and held it out for Smart Butthead to see. "Who is that?"

Smart Butthead stared at it. He appeared to be trying to recall something. "I do know who that is, but it seems I have forgotten her name. I believe it started with an 's' though. She was the only morally good worker there. She treated us with such care."

Smart Beavis was surprised to hear that, since Smart Butthead had only spoken of harsh and horrible things there. He just assumed every part of it was bad.

"You have not spoken of the workers there." Smart Beavis commented.

Smart Butthead shrugged a little and took another bit of his food. "They were the ones who committed such terrible things to us. I assumed you would have known they were also immoral people."