Chapter 9

Mandalay quickly finished securing the villain and turned her attention to the injured hero. With a nod of acknowledgment, she rushed over to assist Ragdoll, understanding the gravity of the situation. Together, they gently cradled Tiger, careful not to exacerbate his injuries.

As I approached them, my heart pounded with a mix of fear and hope. Tiger was a formidable hero, known for his unwavering determination and bravery. If he had taken a substantial amount of damage, it must have been a fierce battle indeed.

Ragdoll's hyper-observant eyes scanned Tiger's battered form. She meticulously examined him, checking for any signs of internal injuries or broken bones. Mandalay, skilled in her telepathic abilities, reached out to assess his vital signs and ensure his consciousness remained stable.

The forest was filled with an air of tension as we waited for any indication of Tiger's condition. I couldn't bear the thought of him being seriously hurt; he was not only my friend but also an invaluable asset to our team.

Finally, Ragdoll let out a relieved sigh. "He's battered, bruised, and has a few broken ribs, but we caught it in time. It could have been much worse," she reported, her voice a mix of concern and relief. I couldn't help but let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

As Mandalay and Ragdoll continued to stabilize Tiger, I pondered the events that had transpired. We knew the risks associated with our line of work, but it never made it easier to see our comrades hurt. It only strengthened my resolve to protect those who fought alongside me.