Chapter 4

-Two Hours Later-

Justin: *Comes up to his office with Selena close behind him; smiles at what he sees*

Demi: *Has Logan on her lap as they sit at her desk; coloring with him*

Justin: *Clears his throat as he leans over to Demi* Having a little too much fun there, Demi?

Demi: *Jumps slightly and looks up at him, laughing a little bit* Thank God you're here, my brain was turning to mush.

Justin: *Laughs* You'll have to get used to it when yours comes along. *To Logan* Hey, pal! *Picks him up, kissing his head*

Logan: Hi, Daddy! *Smiling like crazy, hands him a picture* I did this for you! You can put it on your table!

Justin: *Looks down at the picture and smiles widely* It's beautiful, son!

Selena: *In a stern voice* Come on, Logan, it's time for us to go.

Logan: *Gets put down by Justin but grips onto his side* No! I wanna stay with Daddy!

Selena: *Sighs* Logan, I have things to do, I don't need you throwing a tantrum too!

Chloe: *Rolls her eyes* Don't you ever think being nice to him might work better?

Selena: Shut up, I'm his mother, I can talk to him how I want!

Logan: *Tears in his eyes* I wish Demi was my Mommy! I hate you! *Runs off down the hallway*

Demi: *Can feel the awkwardness as Selena glares at her* I'll... go make sure he's okay. *Gets up and rushes off after Logan*

-With Demi-

Demi: *Running after Logan; catches up to him and grabs hold of his arm very gently and lifts him up into her arms, holding him tightly and letting him cry into her neck; in a soothing voice* Shh... it's okay, honey... everything's okay! *Kisses his head*

Logan: *His arms around her neck, crying* I want you to be my Mommy!

Demi: *Closes her eyes to stop herself from crying; holds onto him tighter* I'm sorry, honey, but I can't be your Mom... but I can be your friend.

Logan: No!

Demi: *Sees Selena and Justin come up to them and speaks in a soft voice* Logan, you gotta go with your Mom... *Slowly sets him down on the floor* I promise I'll see you soon, okay?

Logan: *Tears running down his cheeks; sulks over to Selena*

Selena: *Grabs hold of his hand roughly and pulls him out of the studio and into the car*

Demi: *Sighs; letting herself tear up* Doesn't it break your heart to see him like that?!

Justin: *Looks at her and nods slowly* I just broke up with her.

Demi: *Eyes widen* You did?!

Justin: *Nods* She's taking him to my Mom's... *Sighs and sits down, his head in his hands* I never thought my life would turn out like this, you know.

Demi: Trust me, I didn't either. *Sits down beside him*

Justin: I mean, look at me... I'm twenty four, the top of a record label yet everybody hates me... I got my girlfriend knocked up as a teenager and she turned out to be sleeping with everyone but me and even our son hates her... *Runs his fingers through her hair* And I'm falling for someone else.

Demi: *Curious* Who?

Justin: *Quickly* You don't know her. She's a couple of floors down from here... *Looks at Demi* You think I'm a good guy, right?