Chapter 14

-An Hour Later-

Demi: *Asleep on the couch*

Selena: *Leaning against the wall on the other side of Justin's bed, staring at Justin as she waits for him to wake up*

Logan: *Sitting on the floor in front of the couch, rolling a toy car back and forth on the floor sadly*

Justin: *Groans quietly, his eyes moving underneath his eyelids*

Selena: *Shocked; rushes to Demi and shakes her* Demi! Demi, wake up! Justin's gonna wake up soon!

Demi: *Quickly wakes up and sits up; walks to the side of Justin's bed and runs her fingers through his hair as Logan stands on the other side of her and Selena stands on the other side of the bed* Justin? Baby, can you hear me?

Justin: *Slowly opens his eyes and the first thing he sees is Demi; confused* Demi? What are you doing here?

Demi: *A little taken aback* You were shot, Justin, of course I'm gonna come to see you! *Tears up when he still looks confused* Justin... do... do you remember who I am to you?

Justin: My assistant... *Notices Selena and glares at her* What are YOU doing here, you cheating whore?!

Selena: *Looks down* I needed to see if you were okay.

Justin: *Rolls his eyes and turns back to Demi; shocked that she's crying* Demi... why are you crying? *Notices her stomach is flat and raises an eyebrow* I thought you were heavily pregnant? What's going on?!

Demi: *Starts sobbing; rushes out of the room and starts practically screaming through her tears*

-Half An Hour Later-

Nurse: *Comes out of Justin's room and goes over to Selena, Demi and Logan* I'm afraid he's suffering from minor memory loss... his last memory is of breaking up with you, Miss Gomez.

Selena: When... when will he get his memory back? *Holding Logan*

Nurse: In his own time. It could be days, it could be months... he will remember though, that's the main thing.

Demi: He doesn't even remember that we love each other... that I'm having his baby! *Crying hard*

Nurse: Obviously you can tell him small pieces of information, but don't overwhelm him. He'll remember in his own time... he wants to see you guys. Give me a shout if you need anything. *Walks away*

Selena: *Turns to Demi, feeling terrible* Demi, I'm so sorry.

Demi: *Falls back in a chair; crying hard into her hands* Just go in and see him... Logan'll want to see him.

Selena: But what about y-

Demi: Just go... I'll be there in a minute. *Sobbing*

Selena: *Hesitates but goes in to see Justin anyway; sets Logan down on the bed beside Justin* I'm so sorry, Justin...

Justin: *Ignores her and smiles at Logan* Hey, bud! *Hugs him with his left arm* Don't cry, I'm okay! See?

Logan: But you're not though! *Tears falling* You can't remember Mommy!

Justin: *Confused* Your Mom's right there, Logan. *Points to Selena*

Logan: *Shakes his head* No! Demi! Remember her, Daddy! Please!

Justin: *Really confused; turns to Selena* What's he talking about?

Selena: Nothing... *Sighs and whispers to Logan* Let him remember on his own, sweetie.

Logan: UGH! *Jumps off of Justin's bed and out the room, walks over to Demi and hugs her tight*

Demi: *Hugs him back, sobbing into his small shoulder as she holds onto him*

Logan: It's gonna be okay, Mommy. *Hugs her tighter* I love you.

Demi: *Pecks his cheek, pulling away from him* I love you too, sweetie. Come on, let's go back to Daddy. *Holds his hand and goes into Justin's room with him* Hi.

Justin: *Still really confused* Why is my son calling you Mommy?

Demi: *Looks down at Logan, not sure on what to say*

Logan: It's a game! I guess I got carried away... sorry, Daddy. *Looks up at Demi*

Demi: *Lets go of him* I'm, um... glad you're feeling better, Justin... I'll... see you around, I guess. *Walks out of the room*

Selena: *Runs after her then starts walking beside her once she's caught up to her* Where are you going?

Demi: To move my stuff out of his house so he doesn't get confused... I'll stay in a hotel or something.

Selena: What if he doesn't remember until after that baby's born?! He's gonna want to be a part of it's life, Demi! You can't raise a newborn in a hotel!

Demi: *Looks at Selena once she gets to her car* He doesn't even know I'm pregnant with his baby... he can call me when he remembers who I am! Tell Logan I love him, okay? Watch over him for me... *Gets into the car and drives away*

Selena: *Shouts after Demi* DEMI! *Groans and runs her fingers through her hair* Dang it! *Hesitates but goes back to Justin's room to see Logan on Justin's bed*

Logan: Where'd Demi go?

Selena: *Takes a couple of deep breaths* She's... gone to stay in a hotel.

Logan: *Eyes widen* NO!

Justin: *Confused* Why?

Selena: Because she just lost her boyfriend. *Glaring at Justin*

Justin: *Shocked* Joe dumped her?

Selena: *Sighs* Something like that.

Ugh this is rough! I hope you liked it! Stay tuned for chapter 15!

                                                                                ~Lauryn