Chapter 4 | Latin Kings

Three days later
Wrestling room

"Break up with him!"

"It's not that easy, bro!"

Joaquin had the bright idea of meeting with Dominic once the couple finished their snowy run. Sofia groaned because she knew what that meant. 

'A quick wrestling match wouldn't hurt!'

She's very athletic with excellent endurance and decent javelin-throwing techniques; it doesn't mean she can perform two exercise sessions in one day! Luckily, she's only there to spectate the boys wrestling and practicing in the off-season. She's also there to kill two birds with one stone.

While Joaquin was in the restroom for his infamous duration, Sofia and Dominic bickered with no real solution on the horizon. Sofia's running gear was drenched in sweat. Her hair stuck to her forehead. She exacerbated herself. Dominic, however, can argue all day with his lungs. He wiped his face in frustration.

"You can't be serious! If you said any of this shit to someone else, they'll say he should see a psychiatrist!"

"You need to help me figure out what's wrong with him!" She cried, "Here I thought you were friends..."

"He can help himself!"

Sofia's face dropped blankly, "You see no solution because you'd rather be with me?" To that, Dominic nearly protested. Joaquin came flying in, his bowels empty. His face screamed, 'Rematch!' There's something about Dominic that Joaquin must figure out. The kid is way too good. The size is a factor, but the technique is another issue he faces.

'This ain't a sanctioned match; I'll have to play dirty!' He grinned devilishly.

"Alright, broski, let's get this shit!" Joaquin tapped his friend's arm, to which he rolled his eyes in response, stepping onto the mat. Joaquin squinted quizzically. Both of his peers looked annoyed. With no time to think, Joaquin was surprised by Dominic's clinch maneuver. The boys locked up on each other, breathing in each other's stench, feeling each other's shoulders bash together. Joaquin swiftly dropped to his knee for a single-leg takedown, and Dominic countered by dropping down to use his momentum against him. He was now on top of Joaquin's back in the North-South position.

"Do something different! This is getting old!" Dominic teased.

Joaquin growled, lifting his legs out of sheer will, moving Dominic's weight up. He propelled his legs to topple both of them to the ground, all the while elbowing Dominic's spleen. Now, he was on top, with Dominic forced to stare up his nether region...

Joaquin rolled off to try and choke him out. It wasn't easy. Eventually, Joaquin snaked around to perform a rear-naked choke.

"How'd my balls smell just now?" Joaquin taunted, whispering in Dominic's ear. He tapped out in submission.

They get up in unison, just as Sofia calls the match. Joaquin expected Dominic to take defeat with grace, especially after he pinned him five times, so he was royally caught off guard when Dominic's fist slammed onto his jaw, and the pain lagged. Immediately, lights flashed in his vision while he tumbled to the ground. 

He came to, dazzled but able to see a blurred vision of Sofia with her more petite frame trying to shove Dominic off of him. The slight glint of blood on his knuckles told Joaquin that he got a few more blows in.

"Don't you ever disrespect me like that! I swear, I'll fuck you up," He was skipping back toward the exit while Sofia scolded him, pushing him away from the scene, "You'll end up on a fucking shirt, trust!"