chapter four

~vampires~

Life outside Mystic Falls was magical, but life with Niklaus Mikealson was breathtaking. Violetta never had a man who doted on her the way Nik did, held, kissed and loved her the way he did.

In a year, she escaped the clutches of the small town of Mystic Falls and now was exploring the world with her partner, Nik. He took her to France, Spain, Italy, and more that Violetta couldn't keep track of.

Their relationship moved quickly, yet with Niklaus trying to be a gentleman for Violetta, they have yet to do more than kiss and hold each other. Niklaus had a thousand years of experience, while Violetta had just reached 18 with none at all. So, being a gentleman, he has decided on both sides to wait until marriage. Which hopefully isn't too far away...

The two lovers were walking around the cobblestones in gloomy london, arms hooked together, love in their hearts and a heavy ring in Nik's pocket.

The ring got heavier and heavier as they ventured toward their home. Nik knew that Violetta was made for him. He has been told ever since he was young by his mother and the witches in their village that he had a destined one, a soulmate, someone who was made for him, and he knew Violettas was made for him. Yet there was a hint of worry in his mind; he knew she wouldn't say no to his proposal, but that's not what he was worried about. No. He was worried about how she would react when he told her he was a vampire. A monster, an abomination. He was a man who was never afraid, only feared, yet he felt the fear in his heart of his lover rejecting him.

"Love?" he called out, gaining her attention.

"Yes, Nik?" Violetta responded, turning towards her partner as they continued down the cobblestone path.

"There is something... important I would like to discuss with you." he brought the young girl over to a bench outside their home in their garden. The two were surrounded by dozens of flowers: daisies, roses, sunflowers and Nik's favourite flower, violets. It was one of Violetta's favourite places to be. She walked through the garden almost daily and tended to it whenever possible.

Violetta held Nik's hand tightly as her eyes drifted around the garden, looking at the flowers, unaware of her partner's nervous state.

"Lettie," Nik said. Violetta turned to Nik at the new nickname. A gentle smile graced her lips as she stared up at Nik.

"That one is new. I like it." Violleta leaned up and pressed a small kiss to his lips. Nik reciprocated the kiss immediately, pulling the small kiss into a blissfully long one. Nik pulled back first, leaving Violetta with swollen lips and a euphoric expression.