Plan to Escape

I don't own this picture! 

Y/n POV

After me and Rocky escaped the chicken pie machine, along with the sticker label, we went back to the hut so show everyone. 

I slapped the label on a nest post and everyone was shocked and scared. 

"Chicken pies?" Bunty asked, sounding scared. 

Everyone started panicking and I tried to speak. 

"I don't want to be a pie. I don't like gravy." Babs said. 

"Ladies, please. Let's not lose our heads." I said, trying to calm them down. 

"Lose our heads?" The chickens asked very scared. 

"What I meant to say was, Rocky sabotaged the machine and bought us more time." I stated to calm them down. 

"And better still, he's going to fly for us tomorrow. And once we've seen how's it done, we'll get it. So don't worry, because tomorrow everything's going to go much, much smoother." 

Rocky POV

I felt scared that I would have to 'fly' for everyone and they would find out the truth behind the poster. 

I turn around and see Pops looking at me like I did something wrong.  

"All right, Pops, what did I do now?" I asked. 

"A very brave and honorable deed, sir. In the light of your action this evening, l... I dutifully admit that I have misjudged your character. So I present you with this medal for bravery. And... I salute you. In honor of the occasion, I surrender the bunk entirely. I shall sleep under the stars. Oh, uh, I await tomorrow's flying demonstration... with great anticipation." Pops stated, what I got from it was a compliment. 

"You and me both, Pops." I stated. 

Y/n POV

I was sitting on top of a hut thinking about stuff when I hear Rocky climb up on the roof. 

"Oh! I'm sorry. Were you... Is this your... I'll get down." Rocky stated, climbing down. 

"No, no, it's just... Since you're here... No, I'm glad you're here, because...Um, I just wanted to say... I may have been a bit harsh at first. Well, what I really mean is, thank you... for saving my life. For saving our lives. You know, I come up here every night... and look out to that hill and just imagine what it must be like on the other side. It's funny, I've... I've never actually felt grass beneath my feet. I'm sorry. Here I am rambling on about hills and grass, and you had something to say. Uh, y-y-yeah. Um, it's just that, y-you know, life as I've experienced it, you know, out there, lone free rangin' and stuff, it's, uh, it's full of disappointments and, uh... What, you mean grass isn't all it's cracked up to be?" I rambled on and on, until I stopped myself. Rocky stopped and sat down next to me as I rambled. 

"Grass! Exactly. Grass. It's always greener on the other side. And then you get there and it's brown and prickly. You see what I'm tryin' to say? What I'm trying to say is, You're welcome. You know, that hill is looking closer tonight than it ever has before." Rocky stated. 

"Oh! Well, good night... Rocky." I said, climbing down. 

"Good night... Y/n." Rocky said, before I could leave his sight. 

.

.

.