paroxysm

paroxysm

(n.) a sudden outburst of emotion.

Shubman was angry, walking down the corridor. No, he wasn't just angry; he was furious.

How could his best friend do this to him? Wasn't it his best friend's duty to tell everything to Shubman first, get it approved and act last? Didn't Shubman deserve at least this much?

Or am I getting unnecessarily greedy and desperate for attention? Shubman suddenly thought.

It made Shubman think. Was he really getting desperate for attention from his best friend?

No! He decided. He wasn't desperate as much as it was his right to get all the information from the one person he was literally supposed to. And off he marched to his room with an angry stride.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ishan, sitting in his room, scrolling through his phone was completely oblivious to the current, thunderous mood of his best friend. He was still scrolling when suddenly the hotel room banged open and in came Shubman, walking like a tornado.

"Shubi! Come! I wanna show you something!"

Shubman, who was already glaring at Ishan, came forward towards the bed, picked up a pillow and threw it on Ishan. Ishan yelped in surprise.

"Shubi! Wha-" Before he could finish his sentence though, another pillow landed on him. Then another and another and so did the remaining three.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU IDIOT?!" Ishan yelled in confusion and irritation.

Shubman simply glared at him again and walked out of the room with another bang of the door.

Before Ishan could even begin to question the weird happenings, Shubman entered again, now looking more confused than angry.

Ishan sighed. He freed himself from the pillow pile and corked an eyebrow at his best friend.

"What's going on Shubi?"

"Why should I leave the room again?" Shubman yelled. Ishan closed his ears.

"Shubman, kya hua hai? Kyu itne gusse mei hai? Kisi ne kuch kaha?"

Shubman laughed bitterly.

" Koi kya kahega Mr. Kishan jab the one person who should've didn't!"

"Ok. I feel somehow I was supposed to say something, I didn't and now you're trying to be angry?"

Ishan asked, tilting his head a bit.

"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME! AND I AM NOT TRYING, I AM ANGRY AT YOU!" Shubman yelled again.

"Ok baba, I get it. But kya batana tha, Shubi?" Ishan asked again, hiding his smile. Ishan couldn't help it. His best friend looked so cute even in anger and if he were not angry, Ishan would have just squished Shubman's cheeks.

"You-- you are...you are supposed to tell me everything first and you didn't tell me this. Do you know how humiliating it was to get to know about my best friend from someone else? Someone not even in our team?" Shubman asked, voice breaking at the end.

Ishan was worried now. Shubman was an emotional person, but he wouldn't become so emotional for just anything.

Ishan went to the door where Shubman was still standing, took his right hand and made him sit on the bed. Ishan himself though chose to kneel in front of Shubman, still not leaving his hand.