four

nervana and maya had a good friendship. they weren't best friends but they did at least like to be around each other now. in the next few years nervana and mirella grew really close, like how maya and mirella were when they were younger.

most of the time they'd hang out after school and on the weekends. maya would hang out with them sometimes, if she wasn't too busy with her boyfriend. who was coincidentally blake. they met because of mirella and had great chemistry together. after a few months they decided to get together.

they were out of high school now and mirella had her own small apartment, as did nervana and maya. they ended up getting a bigger apartment together because it would be cheaper if they split the costs. mirella would live with them too if she hadn't already signed the lease at her current apartment.

mirella and nervana had recently turned twenty one. their birthdays were two months apart. and of course nervana wouldn't let her live down that she was older, by two months.

most nights nervana stayed at mirellas place. because she liked spending time with her best friend, and because her sister and her boyfriend were unreasonably loud.. whether it were sex or just having fun, she hated how loud and inconsiderate they were. with mirella she knew she'd get peace and quiet.

in the beginning she slept on the couch. but when she started staying night after night, mirella insisted they share her bed. the main reason because she wanted nervana to be comfortable but also because she liked being near her.

it was mirellas little secret that she had a crush on nervana. she had for at least a year now. though she knew she couldn't act on it, it was her childhood best friends sister. not only that, but they also had a pretty awkward history. she didn't want maya to be mad at her if she still didn't favor nervana.

nobody knew about her crush. she couldn't risk maya finding out. even if they weren't the best of friends, she didn't want to hurt her friend.

today was their designated movie night. it was every friday at one of their apartments. whoever was hosting would be in charge of dinner and picking the movies. whoever was going to the others house would be in charge of snacks and drinks.

tonight it was at mirellas house. she made tacos and picked out a few movies she used to love in high school. to all the boys i loved, the kissing booth and teen wolf. teen wolf was a show but she still included it.

mirella wore a shorts pajama set and she got her throw blankets from the dryer. she always made sure to have them freshly washed on their movie nights. nervana was first to arrive with a variety pack of chips, chocolate covers rice crispy treats and cupcakes.

"you're pajamas are nice." she smiled while eyeing mirella.

"thanks." she smiled while grabbing the bags from the other. she was hoping nervana would compliment her. she loved it every time, even if nervana didn't know.

"a little short, though." nervana said while watching the curly haired girl mince the ground beef in the skillet.

"shut up and cut this." she pushed lettuce, tomatoes and onions to nervana.

"yes ma'am." nervana said under her breath, unzipping her jacket and pulled it off. underneath she wore a plain white t-shirt and grey sweat pants.

around fifteen minutes later maya and blake arrived. they all made their desired tacos and sit down to watch movies.

mirella and nervana sat together like always while blake and maya cuddled on the love seat. mirella and nervana shared the blanket they got in highschool from marshall's that one day. nervana laid between mirellas legs, her hands softly stroking through her blond hair as they watched the movie.

"hey." mirella whispered, trying to catch nervanas attention.

"yeah?" nervana whispered back, noticing maya and blake were asleep.

"wanna go to my room?" she whispered down at her. nervana smile and scooped mirella up, wrapping her legs tight around nervanas hips.

"do you want anything to eat?" nervana asked while sitting her on the bed.

"no thanks." mirella pulled nervana to lay atop her. she hugged onto the girls body tightly and moved her up to the pillows. it was only now that she noticed how strong nervana was. she just moved her entire body with one hand. she couldn't help but blush.

"you okay?" nervana asked while brushing her messy hair from her face.

"yeah." mirella whispered back.

"i was asking if you wanted to go to brunch with me tomorrow." the dark haired girl smiled.

"sure." she agreed with a smile. nervana laid her head down against mirellas chest, her arm tucked under her back and the other laid on her hip.

mirella always wondered what nervanas sexuality was. despite the way she dressed she'd never had a girl friend in the time mirella knew her. she did have two boyfriends, though. mirella brushed through her light hair while watching as she found something for them to watch. the rest of the night was pretty boring. blake and maya left around midnight and nervana fell asleep an hour after they originally laid down.

the entire time mirella just took in nervana. the way she felt atop her, the way she smelled, how calm and heavy her breathing was. she loved having nervana around. she always felt so safe with her.