Chapter 67: "Who is here?"

Nine Inch Nails blasting loud from the radio, wrenches getting turned on the midget, it was clear that Alex was where he exactly wanted to be right now. Everything was seemingly coming together, with the parts and pieces being put together with ease. He could not complain one bit.

Of course, it took every bit of focus in ensuring it was done to his top-notch expectations, even if it meant taking twice as long as it may take someone else. There was only one way to do it - perfectly, or else it may be the reason they are not successful in achieving the dream. The smallest bits are what give you those tenths of a second over the field.

With every bit of a focus locked on the frame ahead of him, he didn't notice the door handle turned or it being opened. If truth be told, maybe he heard the noise. However, it would not have stopped him from working anyway because his heart would've known who had arrived. Chase and Ryan were on their way home and back to his arms soon, right?

He didn't hear the footsteps as the individual walked into the ABR Shop across the pure white floor that some people swore you could eat off. He didn't hear the door shut behind the person, or the continued steps as they headed to where he was working on the midget. 

The person had been worried the black lab would have startled his owner and caused him to pay attention to where she was, but yet there was no bark to be heard. Finn had made his way to the merchandise part of the shop where the comfy couch lied. He had grabbed one of the many dog toys, climbed up, and fallen asleep chewing on it with comfort in knowing his owner wasn't far from him. 

As he takes a deep breath reaching for the next part he was ready to assemble on the second of four midgets, she takes a deep breath and smirks in seeing her target was right ahead. 

"Chase?" He finally calls out, having heard a series of footsteps while reaching for the part. "Ryan? Who is here?" There was no immediate response, which never happened if it was either one of them. They both knew of his anxiety, and always assured him as quick as possible to send him into a panic. Who else could be inside the shop right now? "Finn, is that you? CJ, are you back? Did you forget something?" Once again, silence was the only response he got, causing his heart to beat quicker. 

He then takes a deep breath, though knew it was losing battle as he could feel his concern and worry intensify, followed by the breathes start to come quicker. Maybe he should have gotten CJ to stay behind until the boys got there after all. 

He sets the part down that he had in his hand - even though part of him wanted to grip it really hard and be ready to use the polished aluminum as a weapon against whoever may be there. He then slowly spins around on the stool he had been sitting on, eyes falling on the blond as she stood across from him. He feels his heart sink immediately, and panic become even more apparent. 

"Hello Alex," she says with a smirk on her face as she makes her way over, closing the gap that remained between the pair. She wasn't quite close enough to reach him yet, but it was enough to get a real look into those eyes of his. Perhaps there was someone with prettier eyes than Chase after all. "I can see what Chase sees in you. You look absolutely dashing all sweaty and charming before me." 

"Kai-" He begins to say as he stands up, though his words are cut off as she lunges at him, shoving a cloth in his face. 

"It's going to be okay, Alex. You are going to be just fine. I am going to take care of you. I am going to give you everything that you want." He then shoves her with every bit of strength he had, sending her back away from him as he begins to scurry away. Coughs escaping him with each moment from whatever was soaked in the cloth, he tries to clear his thoughts while continuing to back away.

"You need to get the hell out of here. You need to stay away from me. I will kill you if you come near me again." She couldn't help but smirk in seeing the defiance he was showing in response to her behavior. She always loved a good chase. It made the reward that much worthwhile.

"Is that a threat, Bowman?" She then laughs as she continues stalking her pray, following him around the shop. "I would like to see you try. I bet you don't have it in you. I bet you couldn't do it no matter how badly you wanted to." She then walks by the toolbox, picking up one of the big wrenches, twirling it in her hands. "If you think you're such a big boy, then why are you running from me? What are you scared of? I just want to show you a damn good time." 

"Fuck you!" He grabs his phone from his pocket, quickly dialing 9-1-1 as he continues to ensure the distance remains between the pair. "You are sick!" 

"I am not sick, darling...." Alex hears a voice on the other end.

"Police, please. And hurry!" With his guard down as he focused on getting the attention of the person on the other end, she chucked the big wrench across the shop, making contact with his gut. He then stumbles back, falling on his back, letting out a big scream in the process.

"Nobody is going to save you, Alex..." She then quickly closes the gap, pinning him down with her body weight as she grabs the phone out of his hands and smashes it against the wall. "You're all mine, baby." She then rips the cloth out of her pocket, pushing it against his face. 

"No..no...." He shakes his head trying to get it away, while pushing against her as he tries to fight through the pain he was feeling. However, the cloth was doing what she wanted as the fumes of whatever it contained were taking over him, making the fight he put up against her weaker with each moment. "Get...away...." 

"It's going to be okay. I am going to make sure to take good care of you...."