Chapter 69: Blaney Got a Gun

When Chase had arrived at ABR, Ryan knew of the arrival thanks to the text message that he got in response with regards to the food order. It was also at that point Chase had secretly dialed Ryan's number, all set for him to hear the surprise in Alex being reunited with one half of the duo.

Instead, though, the phone call resorted in every sense of horror that he could feel. He had heard the argument, the thump of Chase falling back on the ground, and the comments which followed from Kaitlyn. It made his heart ache in pain, tears threaten to fall. It made his stomach flip in pure disgust of what she wanted to accomplished. The rest of him ultimately boiled with anger in knowing not one of those he cared about was in danger, but both right now.

He didn't wait for the pizza order to be ready, or the wings for that matter. Instead, he dashed out of Pie in the Sky, jumping in the Bronco and beginning the drive down to ABR. He was thankful he had gotten used to doing this on a regular basis, glad directions came at ease as he was certainly breaking every speeding limit that North Carolina had that night.

He pulls into the parking lot, seeing the sexy black truck of Alex's they all drooled over, a blue Camaro that he assumed belonged to Kaitlyn - questioning how she had a car that nice, and the Tahoe he had gotten used to seeing on a daily basis. 

He wastes no time shutting the Bronco off, not caring right now that the doors were unlocked as there were more apparent items on the docket. However, he was thankful of what he had hidden under the seat, reaching for it as he climbed out and began the trek inside.

He makes his way inside the shop, running with the item at his side, ignoring every hurl his stomach threatened to throw his way in seeing the initial sight before him. All of his thoughts were focused on the blond that he knew was inside, and had a good idea where she was based on the comments issued over the open phone call.

He makes his way up to where she stood over Alex, bringing the gun to her neck, and cocking it back as he rested the cold metal against the back of her neck underneath her hairline.

"Make another move other than stepping away from Alex and I will not hesitate to blow your head off," he demands, catching her attention immediately as she freezes upon the words leaving his mouth. 

"Are you sure you are capable of that, Blaney?" She questions with laughter laced in her voice. "Are you sure you're willing to go to jail for murder to save your precious friends?" He then digs into her skin a little more while dialing 9-1-1 on his own phone as he had hung up on the connected call with Chase.

"Self defense covers a murder charge, and there are plenty of people who would call me a hero for wiping your ass off of this earth. If you want to not take a chance and actually live, I suggest you step away from Alex right now. Don't move in the next five seconds, and my finger may just slip on the trigger." He then drops his own phone beside him, knowing the call being connected was all they needed as they'd track the location and show up soon enough. For all he cared, they could take their time as them showing up to her dead may be a blessing. "What is your decision, Kaitlyn?" 

"You are very kink-"

"I'm not playing games here. The games are done as you have lost no matter how you look at it tonight." 

"Ry..." Alex lets out having come to after passing out from his earlier panic attack, feeling the vomit rise once again in his throat. "She's not worth it..." He then tilts his head to the side, the vomit coming up and all over the ground once again just like it had before. He focused on taking the deep breathes as he tried before, not wanting to pass out once again. However, it was getting harder with how dizzy he was feeling, his upset his stomach appeared, and the sickness in knowing what she had probably accomplished while he was tied up there.

"It's going to be okay Alex," Ryan assures him having not moved his position through his ordeal. He had hoped Kaitlyn would've moved away from Alex and agreed to his commands so he could check on not only Alex, but Chase as well. "Just breathe, buddy. It's going to be okay. The cops are on the way, and if she moves an inch towards you, I will shoot her head off." He then glances away for a moment, seeing where Chase laid on the floor, earning a simple nod in response from him. He was glad to see that as it at least assured him that he was conscious nether the less. "Going to get you help too, buddy." 

"Chase?" Chase could hear his name being called through the daze, confusion, and headache that was forming - not to mention the added pain that ripped through his body courtesy of his head and shoulder. He knew that voice from anywhere. That was a special voice. 

"Alex..." Chase lets out as if an assurance that he was going to be okay, wanting the focus to remain on the man that had just gone through hell courtesy of his ex-girlfriend. 

"Aren't you all adorable?" Kaitlyn questions with a crackle in her voice, only to feel the metal pushed further into the back of her neck. "I thought you said I only had five seconds, Ry. Why haven't you pulled the trigger yet?" 

"Ry...." Ryan had heard the voice call his name, knowing the purpose in trying to convince him to not go through with it. However, he couldn't help but picture the tears in Chase's eyes when they reunited, the tears in the courtroom and afterwards. Now seeing the pain written on Chase and Alex's faces, there was only one thing on his mind.

"Because I want you to suffer in hell for what you've done," Ryan finally speaks, pulling Kaitlyn back away from where Alex was as he kept the gun pointed where it was against her neck.