6. Her?! (T)

"So who's auditioning for Jason?" Finn asks, looking towards the group of boys

"I don't know," I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"My guess is all, every single one of them wants to get in your pants," Riley says, laughing.

"You're so disgusting," I say, shaking my head while giving a stank face.

"So are men!" she exclaims. "Being gay doesn't stop men from coming after you, being ugly does. And you're not."

I smile lightly appreciating the compliment. My two best friends, Finn and Riley are the only ones that get me. We're all queer, Finn is bisexual and non-binary while Riley's pansexual.

We've been friends since elementary, doing everything together. We're ride or die and no one gets between us. I love them by my side and always will. "Speaking of the devil," Riley says, clearing her throat.

"Hey, Tessa," Brian says. Brian is someone who never stops talking and thinks he's the shit. He's not, but he thinks he has a chance with me because we've been partnered up for many roles and rehearsals. I wouldn't be surprised if he asked me out for the 50th time. Some people just don't know when to quit.

Every time a man asks me out or claims I'm their crush, the lower my chance of being asked out by a girl gets. No girl wants another if the competition is men. Even though I'm a lesbian, most will take a look at me and see me as straight. It's just a downside of being a feminine lesbian, I guess.

I roll my eyes the moment this man opens his mouth. "Ready to be my Veronica?"

"I'd rather have acid poured down my throat," I say causing a few chuckles from my friends. His eyes roll and he scoffs above me. "Is there a chance you could leave? I'm not the biggest fan of B.O."

"Oh whatever," he says, shaking his head and walking away.

"Anyone have any classes with her?" Finn asks, pointing at the new girl, Zara. I kiss my teeth turning my attention away from her. "Oh?"

"Someone got beef with the new girl?" Riley asks, her eyebrow raised in curiosity.

"I don't like her."

"You don't even know her, girl! We saw her once," Riley laughs at me.

"Let's not hate until we have a reason, okay?" Fin says.

"Whatever," I reply.

"Okay! Let's get this going, yes?" says the teacher hosting the auditions. "You each have a number, when you are called please come to the stage. You will say your name and the role you'd like to audition for."

I look around the room to see anxious and relaxed people. Some of them besides Zara, I've never seen. They're the nervous ones, not so confident. On the other hand, I know I'm getting the role. I need to get this role.