floyd x reader: christmas lights

"so... is tonight the night?"

viva is plaiting your poofy hair, doing so delicately with her intricate touch.

you look to the floor. "for what?"

"oh, you know!" poppy chimes in, securing a sparkly ribbon to the top of your hair. "the night where you and floyd seal the deal!"

a high pitched, caught-off-guard squeak escapes from the back of your throat. poppy and viva share a knowing, sisterly smile, and then look back at you eagerly.

"i..." you weigh out the pros and cons in your head, unsure of what to say. it is true that you and the sensitive troll had been getting pretty close over the past few months, but you just didn't know if he felt the same. "i don't know, guys."

vigorously, viva shakes you back and forth, lessening her force when she realises that she's almost finished with your hair. "what do you mean you don't know?"

"yeah, you like him, right?" poppy adds.

biting your lip, you sink into poppy's pink chair. "i mean, i do like him, but—"

poppy grins. "but nothing!" she throws an arm around your shoulder and squeezes you tight, using her other arm to gesture in the air, as if she were painting a picture in the sky. "you like him, he definitely likes you—"

"he might not—"

"—he does." she cuts you off, shooting you a signature smile. "so what's stopping you?"

viva nods along, bobbing down so your faces are inches apart. "and if it's gonna be any night, it should be tonight! it's christmas, and the lights are so beautiful!"

mustering up courage, you sit up straight, smiling at the sisters who were on either side. usually, you would never think to do anything this bold, but the encouragement from the energetic, bubbly trolls in your company inspired you to take initiative. i mean, what if floyd does like you? wouldn't it be so dreamy to confess while looking at the lights.

"okay, you're right." you say, and viva and poppy jump up and down, giggling with glee. "tonight's the night."

"and..." viva starts, before grabbing a bottle of sweet-smelling, some mysterious-yet-delicious blend of vanilla and strawberry candy, and spritzing it onto your perfect plait. "you're ready."

poppy starts hopping up and down again. "whoo! let's get this show on the road?"

"what, now?!" you spring to your feet in abrupt shock.

the sisters grin at each other, and then you:
"yes!"

and so, you're off into the village. it's a chilly night, being that it's christmas — the height of winter — and so you're all clad in coats and turtlenecks and stockings galore. the three of you hold mitten-bearing-hands and run through the streets, weaving through houses and market stalls. everybody knows that there is a perfect spot, right in front of the light display, and your trio is determined to secure it.

eventually, you're all completely puffed out. poppy puts a hand on her chest while viva leans her palms on her knees, keeled over. a quick break shouldn't deter your chances of getting that sweet spot, given that you left quickly and have a pretty good head start on the rest of the village.