john dory x reader: jealous

[human au]
this chapter was requested by: @johndorysimp

i hope you enjoy!

"i hate parties." you shudder. you can't believe that he even talked you into going. how did you let him talk you into going?

he laughs. "it's gonna be fun, trust me!"

"easy for you to say," you roll your eyes. "everyone likes you, john. you're like... a local celebrity to these people."

"well, because i am." john dory shrugs, his grin showing off his pearly whites. "you know, brozone?"

sighing, you continue your walk to the house. it isn't far, but the dread creeping it's way into your stomach is making the trek feel like an eternity. at the same time, though, you don't want the walk to end. because then you have to actual go to the party — which you don't want to do, but backing out now would be completely uncool.

john dory pats your shoulder. "just stick by me." i'll make sure you have fun tonight, y/n.

the two of you reach the door to the house. at first, you think of checking the address, but change your mind as the music pumping from the outdoor speakers blasts into your ears.

knocking three rapid times on the tall wooden door, john dory shoots you a comforting smile, one that says 'you got this!'. maybe it's the mind-numbing music silencing your thoughts, or the encouragement from your best friend, but you really start to believe him. why can't you just walk in and have fun? everybody else does!

hastily, the doors fly open and standing on the other side is a short guy, with dyed-red hair and a striking familial resemblance to john dory.

"hey floyd." says john, extending his arm to greet his younger brother with their routine handshake.

floyd nods his head slightly at you. "'sup?"

you salute him. "hi floyd."

"was wondering when you'd get here," the younger guy rolls his eyes, widening the door so that you and john dory can make your way into the house, "everyone else arrived like a half hour ago."

john dory nudges you. "y/n was getting cold feet."

mocking offence, floyd scoffs, pretends to stumble back, and places a hand on his chest. "y/n! you didn't want to come to my party at my house?"

"sorry, floyd," you laugh, "it's not personal."

"yeah, y/n's just a big ol' fun sponge no matter who's hosting the event."

you kick john's leg with yours, causing him to keel over in pain and chorus 'ow, ow, ow!', which makes floyd chuckle.

"well, food and drinks are on the table here," floyd walks you both into his living room where most of the people seem to be, and then starts to lay down some ground rules. "if you spill something, clean it. i hate sticky floors. no feet on the coffee table, it's disgusting."

stifling your giggles, you and john avoid eye contact.

floyd thinks for a moment. "what else, hmm." he strokes his chin, pondering deeply. "oh, right, don't talk to clay."