Seven - Chances

Penelope closed the door behind her and fell against it. She wanted nothing more than to tell him come in. But, she hadn't the strength to take another rejection. What if he declined? She was sure there was tension between them, the way he looked at her, well it wasn't the same as before. She quickly poured herself two straight vodkas and lay on her bed, and stared at the ceiling. Hopefully the vodka would help with her dreadful decision making.

She shimmied off her dress and pulled out a little set of pyjamas. She had on powered blue lingerie that was gifted to all the bridesmaids. Something from Victoria's Secret, she knew it was no doubt Daphne's choice as there is no way Eloise would be caught dead in that shop.

Penelope proceeded to pull on white ribbed shorts that had a scallop hem, and then a tight ribbed long sleeved white top to match. Her underwear could be slightly seen, but it wasn't completely obvious. She took down her hair and wiped off her make up, she creamed her face and quickly downed another shot. She put her slippers on and grabbed a bottle of wine from her growing collection and proceeded to the door.

She was going to knock for Colin and talk, just talk. But wait.. what if he was sleeping? She slapped her face to pull herself together.

Just do it Penelope.

She grabbed her key, and the wine and approached his door. Deciding to leave her phone behind. She slowly knocked and waited for his response. After about 30 seconds she crapped out of it and turned around regretting her bravery and walked back to her door. It was then Colin appeared at the door in a towel.

fuck.

She tilted her head and giggled.

"Pen, fuck, I didn't realise it was you. I thought it would have been Benedict."

She noticed the outline of his chest, and his arms. The hairs that filled his chest were seductively calling her name. His arms looked stronger, and when his arm rested against the door, the outline of his abs made her knees weak. She was definitely ogling him right now.

"You ok?"

He said to snap her out of her incessant stare. He smirked knowing his naked top half would be a distraction. He was definitely flexing it all the right places.

"Yep! I just wanted to see if you were up or wanted a drink or a talk or whatever, but it's fine, I can see you're busy."

Penelope said while trying to avoid looking towards his towel, she was definitely rambling and he noticed.

"Fuck sake pen."

He grabbed her arm and pulled her into his room. While checking around in the hallway.

"Sit down, pour us a glass. I'll just shove on some clothes."

She swore that she nearly fainted as his naked torso brushed by her. She felt his wet body glide against her side. As he went into the bathroom, he didn't close the door all the way, she saw the towel on the floor and she gasped. She was definitely staring far too long at that towel.

She quickly walked by the door and grabbed two glasses from the vanity, and poured the wine. She was surprised that her shakes didn't cause her to spill the full bottle.

Must remain calm. Must keep my clothes on. Must not be seduced by Colin Bridgerton.

She had wondered if it was the alcohol or the curiosity that brought her to Colin Bridgerton's door tonight. But whatever it was, she was glad. She grabbed her filled glass and wandered around his suite. It was tidy, organised and a lot cleaner than hers. Penelope couldn't help but be a little messy, she had always lived in chaotic organisation even though it was mess, she could find anything in the drop of a hat. She opened the curtains to his view, and looked out the window towards his veranda.