𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 ✩ 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘶𝘥𝘦: 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘧

letters unsent.
✧✧✧

dear [name],

i've said this before, but i'll say it again, over and over. it's so great to see you happy, [n/n]! i've never seen you glow like this before, and it's so refreshing and inspiring to see you like this.

i admire your relationship, so much so, it's something i desire for myself. you don't know this, but i actually had nothing playing in my headphones at the coffee shop the other day. i heard how you and yoongi were able to joke so easily, i heard him call you crazy, and you just kept on talking like normal. if that's not a prime example of trust and comfort, i don't know what is.

another thing that i admire is how much he cares for you. i heard, the other day, how worried he was about you. the poor guy was absolutely frantic. that just goes to show how deeply he loves you and cares about you. i hope that one day, i'm able to find someone that cares about me that much.

as for me, i'm doing really well. i guess watching you thrive has had a positive effect on me, too. that's a relief, at least for me. in all honesty, i wasn't sure how i'd feel after you got into a relationship. it's not like i still have feelings for you. even if i did, everybody knows you don't go after someone else's partner. but it's more like...i don't want to drift away from you. you're my best friend, my platonic soulmate, my other half. if you weren't in my life anymore, i don't know where i'd end up.

another reason i was nervous is just because i care about you. you're the number one person in my life. for you, my loyalty knows no bounds. and as much as yoongi cares about you, i care about you more. for every ounce of his love, i have an ocean. it's only natural to feel like that about your best friend. it's only natural to want them to be treated right, and it's normal to worry that they aren't.

but, i have no reason to be concerned. you and yoongi are good together. you're happy and being treated well, and that's all i care about.

there's nothing wrong with that, right?

all my love,

hoseok