𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐔𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐃
✩✩✩

the music blaring in the large house vibrated the walls. the heat in the room from all the people contrasted with the harsh cold of outside, as snow fell from the sky and coated the ground in a light coating of white. the dim mood lighting did nothing to conceal the sea of people in the rooms, some screaming to people across the room, others standing in the corner with their own group. hoseok, who was clutching a plastic cup with whatever potent drink the host had conjured up, was somewhere in the middle of these two groups.

he spend his time drifting through the crowd, shoving through the crowd of people, moving between the kitchen and the living room. to others, he probably just looked drunk and dazed, but he knew what he was doing. the reason for his movement and ignorance of everybody else, was because he was looking for you.

earlier in the day, he had received an invitation from somebody at school to go to a house party, hosted by some rich hotshot. hoseok wasn't exactly a huge partygoer, with most of his evenings being spent with you or at home with his family. but he figured it could be good, to get his mind off the emotions that were paining him every agonizing second he was conscious. besides, it was walking distance to his house, so why not?

of course, he just felt wrong going without telling you. he knew that, in actuality, there was nothing wrong with not sharing his whereabouts with you 24/7, but there's a difference between knowing and feeling. so he told you, and begged you to come along. all you said is that it sounded fun and you might go, but you were also tired. you told him to go ahead, to not wait for you, and that you'd let him know if you were showing up.

that was hours ago. you still hadn't showed up, which wasn't really an issue if you were looking at the big picture. you decided to stay in that night, who cares?

at least, that's what hoseok tried to tell himself.

he knew there was nothing technically suspicious about the situation, but no matter how many times he tried to tell himself that, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was very, very, wrong.

making it back to the side door in the kitchen after going to check the front entrance again, as well as scanning the crowd as he passed and sending you dozens of texts, hoseok decided he couldn't ignore the feeling of impending doom growing in his stomach. something was wrong.

looking around the party, looking at the hoards of trashed college students, he tried to find anyone that could possibly help him find out something. all he saw were people who he didn't know, and people that were not going to be helpful. the anxiety was starting to make its way from his brain into his bloodstream, infecting his entire body as he desperately searched the crowd.

finally, his eyes landed on someone who could be of use. kim namjoon.

he was yoongi's best friend, an athlete who somehow had time to balance sports with his schoolwork, and stay in high-level classes. he had never really talked to the tall male before, outside of school-related interactions. admittedly, hoseok was a little intimidated by him, as he looked like he could beat the ever living shit out of anyone who crossed him. but now, he pushed those worries aside to make room for the problem at hand.

namjoon, who had his back facing hoseok, was busy talking with a group of swooning girls. hoseok approached him from behind, getting his attention by tapping his shoulder with back of his hand. namjoon, who was clearly sloshed from the mystery drink that was being served out of the sink, spun around clumsily. "hey, what's up man?!" he said loudly, holding out his hand to shake hoseok's.

"listen, man, where's yoongi tonight? is he here?" hoseok asked, ignoring the male's friendly handshake. namjoon squinted his eyes thoughtfully, as if he was trying to make out something through thick fog. suddenly, he had a lightbulb moment and widened his eyes. "i remember! he's with that girlfriend he has, what's her name again?" he slurred, sputtering out variations of your name that were close enough to guess.