Epilogue.

I love all of my padawans. I really do. I don't know what I'll be able to accomplish without your ongoing support. 

Thank you. <3

Enjoy the final installment of HER.

____________________________________

Her.:

Epilogue.

Two Months Later...

     "Don't forget to call when you land," Poppa fretted, keeping my face hostage in his hands for the past five minutes, "and when you get to your dorm. I want to know that you arrive safely. Oh! Don't forget to call me every weekend!"

This always happened when it was time for me to head back to Washington. Poppa would fret and Dad would do his best in prying him away from me whilst reassuring him that I'll be okay. Then, Poppa would begin to cry and rush back towards me, engulfing me in his famous bear hugs. Dad would sigh, rolling his eyes and begin making faces in making me give him a watery smile. I was lucky to have these two guys as my dads. Their love for me was greater than the moon's love for the sun. They're interest in their children's lives wasn't annoying at all. I actually liked it when they ask questions of how I'm doing at school and if I'm okay. Though, there's a line bordering between us children and my parents and that involves relationship talk. It was cringe-worthy when Poppa and Dad had to sit each of us down when we came to the certain age where they had to give us the sex talk.

That wasn't something I wanted to remember. Especially when your two fathers start spewing out some sex positions along with sex toys if 'your partner wasn't doing a good job'. I was sobbing at that point, begging them to stop. It was uncomfortable and I rather much come across those things through the internet than from my own parents.

Apart from that, my summer was...awesome. Despite the whole love confession to Lacy, I enjoyed being back home. I spent most of my summer with my family and my friends. I also spent more time with Natasha when she wasn't at work. It was refreshing to be with a girl who actually kept my interest without having to compare her to someone else. I anticipated the moments when she texts or calls me. My body shudders in delight when certain messages warms my heart. Since the bonfire, Lacy hadn't crossed my mind except for a few times when I couldn't sleep. The guilt in having to realize that I fucked up my friendship with her was eating at me.

I tried calling her, the need to apologize was clawing at me but I didn't have the strength to do it. I kept imagining that she would just ignore my calls, finalizing the ending of everything. I could hate her for doing this rather than acting like an adult and confront our situation but I know I couldn't. I could never hate Lacy Caldwell. She was sweet and kind and hating someone whose heart is pure gold was a sinful mistake. Mila had tried to bring her name into the conversation a few times but I would brush it off. I didn't want to remember the events that happened in the bonfire. I wasn't ready to fully face the heartbreak again.

Lacy Caldwell would always be my first love.

She would always have a place in my heart.

Friend or not, I will always love her...but my love for her was different now. I loved her as a friend.

"Okay, Poppa. I won't forget, I promise."

Poppa stayed silent as he kissed my forehead, longingly, before he pulled back. He brushed away a few fallen tears, blinking back the rest and continued to keep a strong face for himself – and for me.