FOUR.

Thank you for support, my padawans. It means a lot to me and I appreciate each and every one of you <3

_______________________________

Her.:

Four.

Just be cool, Riles.

I took a deep breath and did my best not to vomit as I stayed in the Brett's car who offered to give me a ride to Dockweiler Beach where Mila's bonfire was taking place. Ever since Sunday morning rolled, my nerves were going crazy. I couldn't eat breakfast because all I kept thinking was 'I'm finally going to see Lacy'. Although that thought brought a smile to my face, I couldn't help but feel the knots tightening even more in my stomach. My heart was aggressively pounding in my chest at the slightest thought or scenario my mind mustered up on how I would come across Lacy.

I think this was the part where I hated myself for falling for that girl. She affected me terribly and she wasn't even within distance from me! My parents tried to distract me by having a Lord of the Rings marathon but that soon failed when my dimwitted brothers barged in and made a joke that I would puke on Lacy when I try talking to her just like Stan from South Park pukes on Wendy. I also tried tackling them at the same time but failed miserably when they sidestepped and I crashed onto the floor.

"It's going to be okay, Riley," Jonas said from the passenger seat, happily enjoying his burger from Jack-in-the-Box we had stopped before getting here.

"Easy for you to say," I muttered before running my fingers through my hair, frustrated.

Why did it have to be Lacy?

Why couldn't I fall for anyone else?

How could I not fall for her should be the most appropriate question. Lacy was the most down-to-earth girl I had ever met. I thanked the stars that they aligned us together to meet. I may hate the way she affects me but I would never regret falling for her. She was the beautiful sunset I was dying to see every day. She was the moon I cried to come out of hiding from behind the clouds. She was the motherly figure in our group and like every mother, we don't want to see them cry.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, snapping me out of my thoughts. I took it out and saw Mila's name.

MILA:

Hey, loser! I'm getting them cozy enough for you to spring your attack!

Now or never, right?

I took a large gulp from Jonas's drink hoping the cold soda I drank would cool my nerves. Kissing both my brothers' cheeks and bidding them goodbye, I got out of the car (after I stole Brett's curly fries, of course) and walked towards the staircase that led me down to where the beach was. Although I hated the beach, I enjoyed the sense of calmness it brought over me. The sound of the waves crashing along the shoreline and the stars shining in the night sky. The smell of the ocean almost swayed me into loving the beach - almost. As I descended the stairs, I could see the row of bonfires lit a few meters away from me.

People had the same idea as Mila to rejoice at a bonfire. I could hear music being played at one of the groups. Laughter mingled in the air making me smile at how one little idea to hang out would bring everyone together. I texted Mila to know where exactly everyone was at only to get a quick reply of being the last bonfire close to the lifeguard house. Digging my cold hands into the pockets of my jacket, I treaded along the sand, mumbling curses under my breath of how much sand I would bring home. The night breeze blew caressing my face and making my dark hair tousle in the wind.